Program Manager - DeepMind for Google
The DeepMind for Google team works in close collaboration with Google product teams to deploy machine learning algorithms to help improve Google products and services. We collaborate with Google teams such as Data Centre Operations, Google Play, Ads Quality, Text to Speech, and Android. The DeepMind for Google team is made up of Software Engineers, Research Scientists, Program Managers and Product Managers -- in total we’re around 50 people. Visit go/dmg to see more details on the projects we’re currently working on.
As a Program Manager you are responsible for managing and delivering multiple work streams against agreed goals and objectives. You are an effective problem solver with excellent listening and communication skills. Working closely with multidisciplinary teams across DeepMind and Google, you enable collaboration and ensure that teams stay focused by resolving operational and administrative issues before they arise. This Program Manager role will have a focus on helping to keep operations running smoothly and on-track.
The Program Manager role has 2 core strands: Program Delivery and People
- Maintain up-to-date project reports, track issues and provide stakeholders with timely reports and other information derived from program data
- Responsible for end-to-end lifecycle of project deliverables
- Working with leads to define OKRs or goals of team and enable execution on top priority deliverables
- Manage relationships with internal and external partnerships
- Anticipate blockers and resolve them before they become an issue
- Role model to team, enabling others
- Managing technical teams in collaboration with leads to focus on project delivery - facilitate collaboration, address conflict, organise people and their team
- Manage performance and provide opportunities for people to grow
- Facilitate conversations and challenge the status quo
- Partner with Leads to manage headcount and hiring priorities
- Work with recruitment to manage the hiring process (end-to-end)
- End-to-end project management experience - from project initiation to development
- Show initiative to solve problems with solutions that are repeatable, scalable and sustainable
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to act with confidence in a high performance culture
- Well under pressure and are capable of and committed to working on your own as well as within a team as required
- Seeking to work within a high-performing team and willing to share and learn from others
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Super-organised with the ability to juggle multiple priorities and switch context very quickly
- Willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done - no task it too small or too big
- Experience working in fast paced, constantly changing, creative and dynamic environment
- Flexible, adaptable and highly responsive to the needs of the project, team and wider group
- Optimism is critical - we are tackling some of the hardest challenges ever faced!
- Willing to proactively build knowledge and expertise on a number of areas
- Experience in client & senior stakeholder management
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.