This is a rare opportunity to join a phenomenal team of people in a complex, mission-driven company. DeepMind continues to grow and we are now seeking a Facilities Lead to join our team. We’re looking for a highly talented and driven individual who wants to be part of an exceptional team, in an inspiring and collaborative environment. You’ll be working with some of the best and brightest minds which takes skill, enthusiasm and an exceptional attention to detail. This role would suit someone who thrives in fast-paced, changeable environments and is looking to define their career within a company that could change the world.
At DeepMind we've created a unique environment for long-term ambitious research to flourish in. Our world-class interdisciplinary team combines the best techniques from deep learning, reinforcement learning and systems neuroscience to build powerful general-purpose learning algorithms. We have already made a number of high profile breakthroughs towards general AI and as part of Google/Alphabet we now have all the ingredients in place to make further significant progress over the coming years.
This is an exciting role for someone with previous facilities management experience who can take responsibility for managing facilities services for a large geographical region. It will include service delivery across functions, departments and business units, and you will need to demonstrate a high level of management abilities and strategic thinking.
- In alignment with DeepMind's vision - cultivate a collaborative, friendly and fun work environment that fosters innovation and productivity
- Budget management and reporting
- Work with the Property and Workplace management team to plan and implement operational objectives and processes in a region-wide setting
- Constantly evaluate day to day operations and services looking for ways to eliminate waste, and implement unique solutions and technical improvements
- Lead and manage the facilities team, which includes insourced and outsourced staff - responsible for hiring, coaching and developing the team
- Lead and manage the procurement of vendor partners
- Create, implement and manage processes and procedures in an evolving environment
- Develop an effective communication strategy for dispersed field teams to ensure they are well-informed and knowledgeable - using methods such as team meetings, 1:1 meetings, emails, video conferences, phone calls, internal web sites, etc
- Manage operating budgets - developing, reviewing, forecasting and tracking expenses
- Collaborate with Finance to develop relevant financial reporting and management tools
- Provide strategic and operational input for real estate decisions; office build-outs, expansions, downsizing, consolidations and acquisitions
- Lead and manage small works projects
- Collaborate with peers to assure consistency and best practices across regions
- Work cross-functionally with other internal support organizations - IT, HR, Finance and Legal
- You have a solid knowledge of property management, food service, leases, construction terms and practices
- You can spot industry trends
- You are service-minded, can work with flexibility and have a good customer service approach
- You are a natural leader and someone who people turn to. You can communicate effectively and have a proven track record of being able to influence across all levels
- You have previous experience developing and managing budgets with strong financial, contract management and purchasing skills
- You are willing to travel
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.