This is a rare opportunity to join a phenomenal team of people in a complex, mission-driven company. DeepMind continues to grow and we are now seeking a Travel Specialist to join our team.
We’re looking for a highly talented and driven individual who wants to be part of an exceptional team, in an inspiring and collaborative environment. You’ll be working with some of the best and brightest minds which takes skill, enthusiasm and an exceptional attention to detail. This role would suit someone who thrives in fast-paced, changeable environments and is looking to define their career within a company that could change the world.
At DeepMind we've created a unique environment for long-term ambitious research to flourish in. Our world-class interdisciplinary team combines the best techniques from deep learning, reinforcement learning and systems neuroscience to build powerful general-purpose learning algorithms. We have already made a number of high profile breakthroughs towards general AI and as part of Google/Alphabet we now have all the ingredients in place to make further significant progress over the coming years.
You’ll be motivated, friendly and a team player, with proven experience in travel management.
- You have a strong knowledge of booking flights, accommodation and destinations.
- You have exceptional organisational skills and work with meticulous attention to detail.
- You have a collaborative approach and thrive in a team environment.
- You are skilled in simultaneously managing multiple tasks and deadlines.
- You are an excellent communicator.
- You have experience in managing your own projects and have the ability to build project plans.
- You will be able to travel in the UK and internationally as needed.
In this busy but rewarding role you will coordinate travel for the business, and lead on the planning of large-scale international trips. Working alongside your colleagues in the Travel and wider Operations teams, you’ll use your knowledge and experience to provide a seamless end-to-end travel management service.
- Coordinate travel arrangements including flights, transfers and accommodation bookings with accuracy and efficiency.
- Liaise with external suppliers to provide an exceptional level of service to travellers.
- Lead on planning for large-scale travel projects including company wide events and external conferences, developing project-plans and timelines to ensure smooth delivery of travel arrangements.
- Maintain an excellent level of service for all those who interact with the team.
- Support the Travel Manager in making improvements to administrative and operational processes.
- Provide on-site travel support in international destinations as necessary.
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.