This is an opportunity to join a phenomenal team of people in a complex, mission-driven company. DeepMind continues to grow, and is now seeking a Data Analyst with experience in a healthcare and responsibility for conducting full life cycle analysis (including requirements, activities and design) to join our team. You will take responsibility for data quality, developing reports, and troubleshooting data issues. To do well in this role you need an eye for detail, and an experience with data analysis tools on relational databases.
At DeepMind we've created a unique environment for long-term ambitious research to flourish in. Our world-class interdisciplinary team combines the best techniques from deep learning, reinforcement learning and systems neuroscience to build powerful general-purpose learning algorithms. We have already made a number of high profile breakthroughs towards general AI and, as part of Google/Alphabet, we now have all the ingredients in place to make further significant progress over the coming years. We are looking for a highly talented and driven individual who wants to be part of an exceptional team, in an inspiring and collaborative environment, working on ground-breaking technology with potentially extraordinary impact.
- Adept at SQL queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Experience of analysing datasets using Python, Go or SQL
- Scripting and analytical languages
- Healthcare domain knowledge
- Great analytical skills
- Experience in presenting insights to non-technical stakeholders
- Expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Experience in handling large data sets and relational databases
- Understanding of addressing and metadata standard
- High-level written and verbal communication skills
We are looking for a Data Analyst who shares our passionate and long-term commitment to making a positive impact on patient outcomes.
The NHS does an amazing job under enormous pressure. Most people get truly world-class care, but every day patients suffer avoidable life-changing conditions and even die because they don’t get the right treatment in time. Nurses and doctors in the NHS and elsewhere simply don’t have the tools to instantly analyse each test result, determine the right treatment, and make sure that every patient who needs complex or urgent care is escalated to the right specialist immediately.
As part of the DeepMind Applied team you will be part of a team who are responsible for having a social impact through the development of a product that focuses on saving lives.
- Supporting the design and development teams, providing details of data content and quality to both teams
- Monitoring of data quality in the live database and alerting in case of anomalies
- Acquiring data from primary or secondary data sources
- Interpreting data and analyzing results using statistical techniques
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and related strategies that automate and optimize data quality reporting
- Filter, clean and standardise data
- Create performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Managing reference data, including creation, updates, and deletion
- Designing the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata
- Supporting initiatives for data integrity and normalization
- Evaluating changes and updates to source production systems
Competitive salary applies
Opening date: 21st November, 2017
Closing date: 19th December, 2017
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.