This is a rare opportunity to join a phenomenal team of people in a complex, mission-driven company. DeepMind continues to grow and we are now seeking an Event Venues Specialist to join our team.
We’re looking for a highly talented and driven individual who wants to be part of an exceptional team, in an inspiring and collaborative environment. You’ll be working with some of the best and brightest minds which takes skill, enthusiasm and exceptional attention to detail.
This role would suit someone who thrives in fast-paced, changeable environments and is looking to define their career within a company that could change the world.
At DeepMind we've created a unique environment for long-term ambitious research to flourish in. Our world-class interdisciplinary team combines the best techniques from deep learning, reinforcement learning and systems neuroscience to build powerful general-purpose learning algorithms. We have already made a number of high profile breakthroughs towards general AI and as part of Google/Alphabet we now have all the ingredients in place to make further significant progress over the coming years.
Reporting to the Events Manager, you will work closely with both the Travel and Event teams to support a varied programme of training and away-days, and cultivate a portfolio of first-class hotel and meeting venues to fit our needs. Whether the focus is team-building, information sharing or personal growth, these events play a key role in maintaining DeepMind’s inspiring and collaborative culture.
● Organise venues for DeepMind’s programme of away-days, off-site meetings, training courses, team focus days and evening events.
● Propose venues and services in accordance with the event specification and company culture.
● Liaise with internal teams and venues to manage the logistics of each event, including room set-up, AV requirements and catering orders.
● Manage supplier contracting and payment process in accordance with internal guidelines.
● Make travel and accommodation arrangements for attendees as necessary.
● Attend events, when required, and be on hand to provide support and guidance.
● Provide feedback summaries, outlining improvements that can be made.
● Cultivate and manage a portfolio of excellent meeting venues and contacts to fit DeepMind requirements.
● Ensure that all events are compliant with internal guidelines.
You’ll be motivated, friendly and a team player. You’ll have an excellent understanding of venue operations and contracting procedures, ideally gained within a hotel or events venue role.
● You are an excellent communicator.
● You have proven experience in managing your own projects, from end to end, and the ability to build project plans and budgets.
● You have a good knowledge of on site meeting operations.
● You have exceptional organisational skills and work with meticulous attention to detail.
● You have savvy negotiation skills and an understanding of contractual agreements with vendors and venues.
● You are skilled in simultaneously managing multiple tasks and deadlines.