This is a rare opportunity to join a phenomenal team of people in a mission driven company. We’re looking for an enthusiastic person to join our unique people-first business, supporting the team in our newly opened Montreal base as a Program Manager. Our business has a start-up entrepreneurial culture but operates within a large, high profile global company making us uniquely collaborative and mission focussed, as well as highly ambitious.
We’re looking for a highly talented and driven individual who wants to be part of an exceptional team, in an inspiring and collaborative environment, working on ground-breaking technology with potentially extraordinary impact. You’ll be working with some of the best and brightest minds which takes skill, enthusiasm and exceptional attention to detail.
Founded by Demis Hassabis, Mustafa Suleyman and Shane Legg in 2010, DeepMind’s Mission is to solve intelligence and then use it to make the world a better place.
We've created a unique environment for long-term ambitious research to flourish in. Our world-class interdisciplinary team combines the best techniques from deep learning, reinforcement learning and systems neuroscience to build powerful general-purpose learning algorithms. We have already made a number of high profile breakthroughs towards general AI and as part of Google/Alphabet we now have all the ingredients in place to make further significant progress over the coming years.
As a Program Manager, you'll help to solve problems and define solutions. You'll do this by switching on your listening skills to anticipate other people's needs and resolve operational issues before they arise. To support our growth, you'll adapt to the needs of the organization and continually look for ways to optimize research and the program management function itself.
The Program Manager role has two core strands - enabling people and program delivery. It's important you are not shy of rolling your sleeves up and getting stuck in - whatever the task - big or small. We do what needs to be done.
- Co-manage teams with the Leads to allow them to focus on research
- Manage performance and provide opportunities for people to grow
- Facilitate conversations and challenge the status quo
- Partner with Leads to manage headcount and hiring priorities
- Facilitate opportunities for collaboration and create relevant connections
- Support with recruitment for the team including assessing suitability
- Responsible for end-to-end lifecycle of project deliverables
- Provide feedback, ensuring the correct reuse of code/tools/platforms
- Fully understand the goals of the team and enable execution on top priority deliverables
- Maintain up-to-date research program data, track issues and provide stakeholders with timely reports
- Identify, define and lead projects to address issues and maximise opportunities
- Provide proactive support to the Lead Program Manager and put forward ideas for continuous improvement
- Established knowledge and expertise of project and programme management
- Experience proactively coordinating individuals and teams for maximum productivity
- Initiative to solve problems with solutions that are repeatable, scalable and sustainable
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to act with confidence in a high performance culture
- You have an instinctive ability for managing highly intelligent people
- Super-organised with the ability to juggle multiple priorities and switch context very quickly
- Experience working in fast paced, constantly changing and dynamic environment
- Flexible, adaptable and highly responsive to the needs of the project, team and wider group
- You seize opportunities to acquire new knowledge
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.
Please include a cover letter when applying and tell us how you can make a difference to our team.