This is a rare opportunity to join a phenomenal team of people in a mission driven company. We’re looking for an enthusiastic person to join our unique people-first business, supporting the team in our newly opened Montreal base as an Assistant Program Manager. Our business has a start-up entrepreneurial culture but operates within a large, high profile global company making us uniquely collaborative and mission focussed, as well as highly ambitious.
We’re looking for a highly talented and driven individual who wants to be part of an exceptional team, in an inspiring and collaborative environment, working on ground-breaking technology with potentially extraordinary impact. You’ll be working with some of the best and brightest minds which takes skill, enthusiasm and exceptional attention to detail.
Founded by Demis Hassabis, Mustafa Suleyman and Shane Legg in 2010, DeepMind’s Mission is to solve intelligence and then use it to make the world a better place.
We've created a unique environment for long-term ambitious research to flourish in. Our world-class interdisciplinary team combines the best techniques from deep learning, reinforcement learning and systems neuroscience to build powerful general-purpose learning algorithms. We have already made a number of high profile breakthroughs towards general AI and as part of Google/Alphabet we now have all the ingredients in place to make further significant progress over the coming years.
This is a support role with two core strands - enabling people and program delivery.
- Listen to, support and enable others
- Help to seek and provide solutions to support research efforts
- Facilitate opportunities for collaboration and create relevant connections
- Anticipate obstacles before they arise and resolve them
- Understand individuals in your research group -- their preferences, strengths and development areas
- Welcome research visitors to DeepMind and host them onsite
- Iron out ambiguity and proactively resolve issues
- Provide scheduling and coordination support for Program Managers and Researchers
- Facilitate conversations to help define milestones, schedules and priorities
- Maintain up-to-date research program data, track issues and provide timely reports
This is a busy role and you’ll need to rely on your drive and initiative in order to fully carve out your contribution. You’ve got bags of energy and a keen interest to continue to grow your career in supporting and enabling others. Your colleagues describe you as dependable, savvy, self-aware and efficient. You have a can-do attitude and a thirst for learning.
- You have proven administration and scheduling experience
- You are highly organized and are able to juggle multiple priorties
- You have a basic understanding of project management practices
- You have expert knowledge of using standard office tools including spreadsheets
- You see what needs to be done and make it happen
- You are self aware and seek learning opportunities
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.
Please include a cover letter when applying and tell us how you can make a difference to our team.