DeepMind is active within the wider research community through publications and partners with many of the world’s top academics and academic institutions. We have built a hardworking and engaging culture, combining the best of academia with product led environments, providing an ambitious balance of structure and flexibility.
Our approach encourages collaboration across all groups within the Research team, leading to ambitious creativity and the scope for creative breakthroughs at the forefront of research.
Research Scientists at DeepMind lead our efforts in developing novel algorithmic architecture towards the end goal of solving and building Artificial General Intelligence.
Having pioneered research in the world's leading academic and industrial labs in PhDs, post-docs or professorships, Research Scientists join DeepMind to work collaboratively within and across Research fields. They develop solutions to fundamental questions in machine learning, computational neuroscience and AI.
Drawing on expertise from a variety of disciplines including deep learning, reinforcement learning, computer vision, language, neuroscience, safety, control, robotics and multi-agent, our Research Scientists are at the forefront of groundbreaking research.
- Design, implement and evaluate models, agents and software prototypes of perceptual processing.
- Report and present research findings and developments including status and results clearly and efficiently both internally and externally, verbally and in writing.
- Suggest and engage in team collaborations to meet ambitious research goals.
- Work with external collaborators and maintain relationships with relevant research labs and key individuals as appropriate.
- PhD in a technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- PhD in machine learning, neuroscience or computer science.
- Relevant experience to the position such as post doctoral roles, a proven track record of publications, or deep neural network architectures.
- A real passion for AI.
Competitive salary applies.
Opening date: 26th June, 2019
Closing date: 26th August, 2019
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.