Role: DevOps Engineer - DeepMind Health
Salary: Competitive salary applies
DeepMind - Applied
Our Applied group works with teams at DeepMind and Google to bring the best available technologies to address some of the world’s most pressing and complex challenges. We work in fields from healthcare to energy efficiency to Google products used by millions around the world, collaborating with experts on research and tools to support and improve their work.
We’ve already made a number of high profile breakthroughs in AI, and following our acquisition by Google in 2014 have all the ingredients in place to make further significant progress over the coming years. This combination of applied research & real world products, help us work towards the safe & ethical deployment of AI technologies, in order to make the world a better place.
We’re a close-knit family of product & project managers, designers, user researchers, computer scientists, academic researchers, engineers and clinicians. We’ve all made significant commitments to our health work, and are committed to working together for the long term. We aim for psychological safety, dependability, empowerment, diversity & inclusion. Some of us are fresh out of university, while others helped design the protocol that served you this very page.
At DeepMind Health, we’re building the next generation of clinical software. Our flagship mobile application, Streams, is already used in hospitals where it’s helping clinicians provide care to their patients now, while also laying the framework to apply DeepMind’s AI research in future.
We’re looking for DevOps Engineers to join our team, to help support our production environment. This is an amazing opportunity to work with world class talent and cutting-edge techniques on a project with the potential to make a huge impact in healthcare.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to help improve and enhance the automation of new environments using infrastructure as code and configuration management tools. You will design and create a new platform based on containers using tools like Docker and Kubernetes, and help the development teams to adopt such tools.
You will provide expert support to the Continuous Integration and Delivery pipelines for Development teams as well as developing the automated monitoring, discovery, logging and alerting systems for high scale production systems.
- Support the Production Platform
- Discover and implement new technologies and facilitate adoption within the engineering team.
- Simplify and streamline development processes and workflows to increase team efficiency and velocity.
- Participate in 24x7 On Call 2nd/3rd Line Support Rota.
- Experience in automated environment provisioning, orchestration, configuration management and continuous integration using tools such as Jenkins, Puppet, Kapitan, Spinnaker.
- Experience in dependency/version management, using tools such as Git, Gitlab or Gerrit.
- Cloud infrastructure technologies such as Google Cloud Platform or Kubernetes
- Understanding of Networking, Security principles, shell scripting, Python/Golang and Linux/Ubuntu.
- Experience with ElasticSearch, Sentry, Kafka, Zabbix, Prometheus, Zookeeper, Vault, Terraform
- Experience with MySQL or other DB technologies.
- Understanding of PKI, SSL, encryption and general security.
- Containerisation, using e.g. Docker, Kubernetes.
- Proven success at conceiving and/or implementing improvements in one or more aspects of DevOps tooling.
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.