Role: DevOps Engineer - Streams
Salary: Competitive salary applies
Over the past three years we’ve built a specialist team who know what it takes to deploy clinical tools in practice - engineers, clinicians, translational researchers and more. In that time, we’ve also made major advances in healthcare AI research: detecting eye disease more quickly and accurately than experts; planning cancer radiotherapy treatment in seconds rather than hours; and working to detect patient deterioration from electronic records.
Our vision is for Streams to now become an AI-powered assistant for nurses and doctors everywhere - combining the best algorithms with intuitive design, all backed up by rigorous evidence. The team working within Google, alongside brilliant colleagues from across the organisation, will help make this vision a reality.
We are looking for a highly talented and driven individuals who want to be part of an exceptional team, work in an inspiring and collaborative environment, and join a company focused on ground-breaking technology with potentially extraordinary impact.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to help improve and enhance the automation of new environments using infrastructure as code and configuration management tools. You will design and create a new platform based on containers using tools like Docker and Kubernetes, and help the development teams to adopt such tools.
You will provide expert support to the Continuous Integration and Delivery pipelines for Development teams as well as developing the automated monitoring, discovery, logging and alerting systems for high scale production systems.
- Support the Production Platform
- Discover and implement new technologies and facilitate adoption within the engineering team.
- Simplify and streamline development processes and workflows to increase team efficiency and velocity.
- Participate in 24x7 On Call 2nd/3rd Line Support Rota.
- Experience in automated environment provisioning, orchestration, configuration management and continuous integration using tools such as Jenkins, Puppet, Kapitan, Spinnaker.
- Experience in dependency/version management, using tools such as Git, Gitlab or Gerrit.
- Cloud infrastructure technologies such as Google Cloud Platform or Kubernetes
- Understanding of Networking, Security principles, shell scripting, Python/Golang and Linux/Ubuntu.
- Experience with ElasticSearch, Sentry, Kafka, Zabbix, Prometheus, Zookeeper, Vault, Terraform
- Experience with MySQL or other DB technologies.
- Understanding of PKI, SSL, encryption and general security.
- Containerisation, using e.g. Docker, Kubernetes.
- Proven success at conceiving and/or implementing improvements in one or more aspects of DevOps tooling.
We welcome applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.