At DeepMind Health, we’re building the next generation of clinical software. Our flagship mobile application, Streams, is already used in hospitals where it’s helping clinicians provide care to their patients now, and we believe this kind of digital platform could potentially play a role in applying DeepMind’s AI research in the future.
We’re looking for Test Engineers to join our team, to help us ensure the quality of our mobile applications and the back end systems that serve them. This is an amazing opportunity to work with world class talent and cutting-edge techniques on a project with the potential to make a huge impact in healthcare.
You should be well experienced in supporting other team members in the production of the test specification, test scripts and data, and to be able to execute the tests and record results. As part of preparation and execution, you must be able to communicate issues and observations to support teams, and the wider business, and help manage them through to closure.
- Execute test suites raising high quality defect reports
- Create manual and automated testing tools
- BA/BS degree in computer science or equivalent practical experience
- Experience of Agile methodologies (Scrum, TDD, BDD)
- Deep knowledge of test methodologies, writing test plans, creating test cases and debugging
- Proven ability to deliver delegated testing tasks to a high standard without supervision
- Demonstrate intuition and knowledge about how to break software by finding bugs, and apply this knowledge with measurable result, impacting the quality of the product
- Experience using at least 1 management software (Jira ,TFS, Quality Centre)
- Testing Interfaces (HL7, IATA-type B or industry equivalent)
- Experience with test automation in Python
- Extensive knowledge of UNIX/Linux environments
- SQL - (MySQL)
- Some previous experience in testing iOS or Android apps
Ideally, you will also have:
- Test consultancy experience
- Experience of providing 1st line support to production systems
- Experience in Agile environments working with and without supervision
- ISTQB-ISEB - Foundation certificate achieve in conjunction with industry experience
We’re a close-knit family of testers, product and project managers, designers, user researchers, computer scientists, engineers and clinicians. We’ve all made significant personal commitments to our health work, and are committed to working together for the long term. We aim for psychological safety, dependability, empowerment, diversity and inclusion. Some of us are fresh out of university, others helped design the protocol that served you this very page.
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.