We’re looking for software engineers with a real passion for science, software creation and problem solving with a dedicated, can-do attitude to overcoming technical challenges.
To succeed in this role you will need to have a strong foundation in software engineering and enjoy working on a range of diverse and significant problems within a mission driven team. You will join a multi-disciplinary group of exploring the possibilities of AI-assisted scientific discovery. Targeting domains, where vast amounts of data is available and accurate simulations are possible, we apply AI to accelerate research within natural sciences, as seen in AlphaFold.
You will collaborate with scientists and other software engineers to develop and integrate applications to help accelerate scientific research. Ranging from small utilities to large scale simulations running distributed in our data centres. Working in this multi-disciplinary team the typical responsibilities will include:
- Designing, developing and implementing simulations in order to challenge root cause scientific theories
- Work closely with Research Engineers and Research Scientists and provide software engineering expertise to produce high quality, reusable code and components
- Regularly take part in code reviews, unit and integration testing and experimenting with new ideas to tackle problems
- Openly share ideas with other specialists in the team and contribute to a highly collaborative team, striving to foster a culture of continuous development
- Strive to use cutting-edge technology and techniques to contribute to solving some of the hardest problems in the field of natural sciences
- Incorporate your passion and previous knowledge or academic experience in physical or natural sciences
- Strong software engineer with extensive experience in software design and development.
- Proven experience in C++ and Python
- Ideally experience with concurrent and distributed software architecture.
- Knowledge in the natural sciences.
- A natural science or scientific computing degree preferred.
Competitive salary applies.
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.