We’re looking for a QA Lead with a passion for ensuring quality and a proactive ‘can-do’ attitude to overcome technical and process challenges. To succeed in this role you will need experience as a professional games tester at a lead level. You should be exceptionally organised, experienced managing other testers and adept at running and defining processes in an evolving team.
About the team
As part of the Research Group, the Evaluation Team is tasked with measuring the performance of AI agents created by researchers. This is done by providing challenges and tasks for agents to solve. These range from classic arcade games to first-person games using modern 3D engines to bespoke mini-games tailored to answer specific research questions.
As a Lead QA on our team you will manage a small but growing team of testers/games players. The duties of the team are two fold: (1) testing and validating games, platforms and tasks created by the Evaluation and Research teams and (2) recording scores and play sessions in a wide variety of games from classic console games and bespoke mini games to modern 3D games. The data recorded is used for scientific research purposes in novel and exciting ways.
Projects we’ve worked on include AlphaGo and DQN on Atari as well as contributions to countless publications. We recently open sourced DeepMind Lab too. The team consists of several developers from high profile games and VFX companies including: EA, Sony, Elixir Studios, Criterion Games, Animal Logic and The Foundry.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Research and Design teams to ensure research requirements are met and the quality of the tasks are improved
- Help manage the flow of tasks through development, QA and sign-off; developing new processes as standardisation as needed to improve the workflow
- Effective reporting of bugs and support the Development team in debugging and fixing these
- Manage and take ownership for the setting of reference scores for games used in research
- Lead, coach and support a team of QA testers to be the best they can be
- Work with your QA team to produce detailed test plans and test cases
- Run bug reviews
- Proven QA testing experience
- Experience facilitating or managing teams
- A passion for both automated and manual testing
- Exceptional prioritisation skills to manage a large pipeline of tasks
- Strong communication skills to foster cohesive working relationships
- Familiarity with popular games across a variety of genres and platforms
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people with different requirements and ways of working
Competitive salary applies