This is a rare opportunity to join a phenomenal team of people in a mission driven company. We’re looking for an ambitious person to join our unique people-first business which has grown from just 70 to 500 employees in the last three years and continues to grow at pace. Our business has a start-up entrepreneurial culture but operates within a large, high profile global company making us uniquely collaborative and mission focussed, as well as highly ambitious.
Founded by Demis Hassabis, Mustafa Suleyman and Shane Legg in 2010, DeepMind’s Mission is to solve intelligence and then use it to make the world a better place.
Over the last few years we've created a unique environment for long-term ambitious research to flourish in. Our world-class interdisciplinary team combines the best techniques from deep learning, reinforcement learning and systems neuroscience to build powerful general-purpose learning algorithms. We have already made a number of high profile breakthroughs towards general AI, including three Nature papers and two front covers within the last year.
As a Team Assistant within the Research group, you'll be the go-to person for a team of world-class researchers and program managers focused on solving intelligence.
You can expect a broad range of administrative responsibilities which will allow you to enable the team to be more productive. We're looking for a super organised and proactive individual with strong communication skills, who is excited about working alongside some of the world’s brightest minds.
- Provide scheduling and coordination support for Program Managers and Researchers
- Coordinate meetings, including group check-ins and milestone progress
- Maintain up-to-date research milestone data and communicate progress
- Support Research Team Leads and Program Managers with calendar management and any other ad-hoc administration
- Be the main point of contact for new joiners in your team to help support their induction experience
- Support the team with Research visitors
- Iron out ambiguity and proactively resolve issues
- Assist with seating logistics and any other onboarding assistance for new starters within your team
- Collate agenda items and follow up on outstanding actions from the team
- Anticipate obstacles before they arise and resolve them
- You’ll have some experience within an administrative role and in particular managing complex diaries
- Highly organised with the ability to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Flexible and highly responsive to the needs of the project, team and wider group
- Expert knowledge of using standard office tools, including spreadsheets
- The ability to deal tactfully, calmly and effectively with a wide range of people
- You see what needs to be done and make it happen, no matter how big or small the task
- You are self-aware and seek learning opportunities
- You find satisfaction in seeing the team you support succeed
Please include a covering letter describing why you are interested in working at DeepMind.