Research Scientist (Medical Image Analysis)
We do research differently here at DeepMind. Our team of Research Scientists aren't cloistered in a secret lab but are embedded throughout the engineering organization, allowing them to set up large-scale tests and deploy promising ideas quickly and broadly. Ideas may come from internal projects as well as from collaborations with research programs at partner universities and technical institutes all over the world. From creating experiments and prototyping implementations to designing new architectures, Research Scientists work on real-world problems including artificial intelligence, data mining, natural language processing, hardware and software performance analysis, improving compilers for mobile platforms, as well as core search and much more. But you stay connected to your research roots as an active contributor to the wider research community by partnering with universities and publishing papers.
Our team of DeepMind researchers, many renowned in their respective fields, focus on aspects within Machine Learning, Artificial intelligence and Neuroscience, including but not limited to deep neural models, reinforcement learning algorithms and biologically inspired models with the overall goal of building powerful general-purpose learning algorithms. We are active in the wider research community through publications and partner with many of the top academics. We have created a passionate and engaging culture, combining the best of academia and product led environments, providing a supportive balance of structure and flexibility. Our unique approach encourages collaboration across all groups within the Research team, leading to ambitious creativity and the scope for innovative breakthroughs at the forefront of research.
DeepMind's aim is to build AI technologies and proving that they could have positive social impact. DeepMind Health is central to this social mission. We work with hospitals on mobile tools and AI research to help get patients from test to treatment as quickly and accurately as possible. Data security and appropriate handling of data is a top priority for our team and our interdisciplinary team of computer scientists and clinical researchers work closely together with hospitals, such as Moorfields, to identify and solve the tasks that make a real difference. The Research Scientists work on general approaches that are applicable on a wide range of medical image analysis tasks, and on concrete solutions in our cooperations.
- Design, implement and evaluate models, agents and software prototypes
- Report and present research findings and developments including status and results clearly and efficiently both internally and externally, verbally and in writing.
- Suggest and engage in team collaborations to meet research goals.
- Work with external collaborators and maintain relationships with relevant research labs and key individuals as appropriate.
- PhD in a technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Knowledge & experience in Deep Learning
- Knowledge & experience in Computer Vision
- PhD in machine learning or computer science.
- Knowledge & experience in medical image analysis
- Experience in translating medical problems into machine learning problems
- Knowledge of medical imaging devices and underlying physics (CT, MRI, optics, ultrasound, etc.)
- Relevant experience to the position such as post doctoral roles, a proven track record of publications, or deep neural network architectures.
Competitive salary applies.