This is a rare opportunity to join a phenomenal team of people in a mission driven company. We’re looking for an ambitious person to join our unique people-first business which has grown from just 70 to over 500 employees in the last three years and continues to grow at pace. Our business has a start-up entrepreneurial culture but operates within a large, high profile global company making us uniquely collaborative and mission focussed, as well as highly ambitious.
As an Assistant Program Manager within the Research group, you'll be the go-to person for a team of world-class researchers and program managers focused on solving intelligence.
You can expect a broad range of administrative responsibilities with the common theme of helping others to be more productive. We're looking for a super organised and proactive individual with strong communication skills to interact with a variety of people.
Founded by Demis Hassabis, Mustafa Suleyman and Shane Legg in 2010, DeepMind’s Mission is to solve intelligence and then use it to make the world a better place.
Over the last few years we've created a unique environment for long-term ambitious research to flourish in. Our world-class interdisciplinary team combines the best techniques from deep learning, reinforcement learning and systems neuroscience to build powerful general-purpose learning algorithms. We have already made a number of high profile breakthroughs towards general AI, including two Nature papers and front covers within the last year.
- Proven administration and scheduling experience
- Highly organised with the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Basic understanding of project management practices
- Experience working in a constantly changing and dynamic environment
- Expert knowledge of using standard office tools including spreadsheets
- You see what needs to be done and make it happen
- You are self-aware and seek learning opportunities
This is a support role with two core strands - enabling people and program delivery.
- Listen to, support and enable others
- Help to seek and provide solutions to support research efforts
- Facilitate opportunities for collaboration and create relevant connections
- Anticipate obstacles before they arise and resolve them
- Understand individuals in your research group -- their preferences, strengths and development areas
- Welcome research visitors to DeepMind and host them onsite
- Iron out ambiguity and proactively resolve issues
- Provide scheduling and coordination support for Program Managers and Researchers
- Facilitate conversations to help define milestones, schedules and priorities
- Maintain up-to-date research program data, track issues and provide timely reports
- Provide coverage and support to the office manager when needed
Please include a cover letter when applying and tell us how you can make a difference to our team.