Role: Software Engineer, Health Research
Salary: Competitive salary applies
DeepMind - Applied
DeepMind’s Applied Group focuses on using the best available technologies, together with our own research, to address some of the world’s most pressing and complex challenges. We work in fields from healthcare to energy efficiency, collaborating with experts to build tools to support and improve their work. Collaborating with Google teams, we also apply our cutting edge research to products used by millions of people around the world. These real world applications of AI technology help us work towards one of DeepMind’s purposes - to use intelligence to make the world a better place.
This is an amazing opportunity to work with a talented team and cutting-edge techniques, on projects that will have both short and long term impact.
As a software engineer in the health research team you will be working on some of the biggest problems in medicine. You will collaborate closely with a multidisciplinary team of researchers, clinician scientists and world leading experts to better understand a clinical problem and the pipeline, platform and data requirements to solve it.
At DeepMind we’re equally committed to taking our models through clinical trials to evidence the benefit and ultimately to bring the work into clinical practice; you will have the opportunity to help translate your work from ideas on a page to products improving the lives of patients every day. Read more about our projects here: deepmind.com/applied/deepmind-health/research
We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing; the list goes on and is growing every day. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to tackle new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
- Design, implement and deliver complex pieces of backend infrastructure
- Provide engineering support to research efforts, working directly with research scientists and engineers on high-impact projects
- Manipulate and evaluate large and complex medical datasets
- Suggest and engage in cross-team collaborations to meet project goals
- Present reports and progress updates to clinical stakeholders both internal and external
- BSc in a technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with large-scale software systems
- Experience with Python with a desire to learn new programming languages
- Experience working with two or more from the following: web application development, open source operating environments, distributed/parallel computing systems, data visualisation, information retrieval and/or networking
- Working knowledge of mathematics
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- Experience with C++ with a desire to learn new programming languages
- Working understanding of machine learning or statistics
- Working knowledge of TensorFlow or similar frameworks
- A passion for AI
- Contributions to open source projects
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.