This is a rare opportunity to join a phenomenal, mission-driven company, and to work closely with its most senior leadership. We are looking for a talented, driven individual interested in joining an exceptional team developing ground-breaking technology in an inspiring, collaborative environment. The role requires skill, creativity, enthusiasm, resilience, efficiency and an exceptional attention to detail.
This is a brand new, exciting role for a Midweight Visual Designer working within our newly formed in-house design studio.The role’s primary function will be supporting senior leadership by preparing slide decks and other visual materials. This will require developing a close creative relationship with the most senior leaders and creating slides and other media at short notice, in line with precise specifications. You will also work under the supervision of a senior designer within our newly formed design studio to create exceptional design work relevant to the whole of DeepMind.
You should be a passionate, experienced visual designer with a broad portfolio designing for a wide range of different situations. You should have experience in working on broad, open briefs, iterating rapidly and coming up with smart, beautiful solutions to problems. You should also be comfortable doing rapid work under the direction of a senior leader.
You’re intrigued by AI and keen to explore ways in which it can inform and inspire your work.
- Quickly create high-quality work for our senior leadership. This may require exceptionally fast (within a day) turnaround and flexible work hours.
- Work closely and collaborate with diverse teams, delivering high-quality, diverse visual design work for a range of internal stakeholders, and effectively managing projects’ priorities to deliver to deadlines.
- Deliver excellent, polished, informative and visually beautiful presentation decks. Deliver these decks quickly and efficiently, working to a range of timelines and on topics of varying complexity.
- Support the Senior Designer in providing in-house design solutions for DeepMind staff.
- Working within an existing brand applying guidelines across a broad range of collateral.
- Provide feedback and support to DeepMind staff who are commissioning external design work, including checking briefs and providing sign off on content for quality and adherence to brand guidelines.
Skills & Experience:
- Proven track record as a Visual Designer in a digital or integrated environment.
- Degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communication, Interaction Design or similar.
- Expert in the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Experience working with clients who require fast turnaround and have limited time to give briefs.
- Experience working with Google Slides / Keynote.
- Comfortable delivering across print and digital.
- Exceptional communication skills with project managers, designers and developers.
- Experience presenting designs to stakeholders.
- Relish working at a fast pace, delivering often and iterating rapidly.
- Highly motivated, able to work unsupervised, problem solve proactively and effectively, multitask and prioritise workload.
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to work within established deadlines.
- Keen to learn new skills and constantly step out of your comfort zone.
- Basic understanding of Agile methodologies, such as Scrum / Kanban.
- Experience in motion design and specifically After Effects.
- Familiarity with Cinema 4D or other 3D applications.
- Good understanding of Sketch and the principles of interaction design.
Please include a link to a portfolio or personal website in your application.