Our research team at DeepMind are focused on Machine Learning, Artificial intelligence and Neuroscience, with the goal of building powerful general-purpose learning algorithms.
The team you will be embedded in is made up of dedicated Research Scientists, Research Engineers and Software Engineers who are working together to solve a challenging real world research problem.
As an embedded Research Engineer, you’ll analyse, train, debug, and launch machine learning models at scale. You will have a single long-term project focus and will be part of a highly collaborative project team who are working closely together to deliver something groundbreaking.
The role will suit candidates who enjoy working with large and noisy datasets while building momentum through successive experiments and who wish to immerse themselves in some of the most cutting-edge ML and AI research.
- Implement, evaluate and improve algorithms and models
- Architect and implement software libraries
- Report and present software developments including status and results clearly and efficiently, verbally and in writing
- Provide software design and programming support to research projects
- BSc/BEng degree in computer science, mathematics, physics (or other mathematical sciences), electrical engineering, machine learning or equivalent (MSc/MPhys/MEng preferable)
- Strong knowledge and experience of Python
- Knowledge of machine learning and statistics
- Strong knowledge of algorithm design
- Experience working with large and noisy datasets
- Experience with implementing numerical methods and data visualisation
- Knowledge of Tensorflow or similar frameworks
- Knowledge of numpy and pandas
- Contributions to open source projects
- A passion for AI