We’re looking for Associate Producers and/or Project Managers who have worked on some seriously cool AAA games to join DeepMind and support a group of world-class Engineers.
This is an exciting opportunity to apply your skills in enabling teams and people to be more productive for a mission driven purpose. You'll be the go-to person for DeepMind's Evaluation Team who create game like environments to test AI agents. You'll be supported by and work alongside the teams dedicated Program Manager.
About the team
The Evaluation Team is tasked with measuring the performance of AI agents created by researchers. This is done by providing challenges and tasks for agents to solve. These range from classic arcade games to first-person games using modern 3D engines to bespoke mini-games tailored to answer specific research questions. The output from the Evaluation Team is used by the entire organisation to track progress and is crucial in helping steer DeepMind’s research forward.
The team worked on AlphaGo and DQN on Atari as well as making contributions to countless publications. The team consists of 20+ engineers from high profile games and VFX companies inc. EA, Sony, Elixir Studios, Criterion Games, Animal Logic and The Foundry.
- Listen to, support and enable others
- Act as a trusted advisor and provide solutions to support research and development efforts
- Know the individuals in the Evaluation team - preferences, strengths and development areas
- Facilitate opportunities for collaboration and create relevant connections
- Iron out ambiguity and proactively resolve issues
- Provide scheduling and coordination support for the Evaluation team
- Support the prioritisation of work across a wide array of platforms and research areas
- Facilitate conversations to help define milestones, schedules and priorities
- Maintain up-to-date project data, track issues and provide timely reports
- You see what needs to be done and make it happen
- Experience working within games production and/or visual effects
- Good understanding of project management and development practices
- Experience working in a constantly changing and dynamic environment
- Highly organised with the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Proven coordination and scheduling experience
- Experience scripting or coding a plus
Competitive salary applies.