We’re looking for Associate Producers and/or Project Managers who have worked on some seriously cool AAA games to join DeepMind and support a group of world-class Engineers.
This is an exciting opportunity to apply your skills in enabling teams and people to be more productive for a mission driven purpose. You'll be the go-to person for our Worlds team who create game like environments to test AI agents. You'll be supported by and work alongside the teams dedicated Program Manager.
About the team
As part of the Research Group, the Worlds Team provides DeepMind Researchers with the best training and testing environments possible, across a variety of platforms. These range from bespoke mini-games aimed at answering specific research questions, to expansive first-person games using modern 3D engines. The output from the Worlds Team is crucial in helping steer DeepMind’s research forward.
Projects we’ve worked on include AlphaGo, DM Lab, and DQN on Atari as well as contributions to countless publications. The team consists of 30+ developers from high profile games and VFX companies including: EA, Sony, Microsoft, Elixir Studios, Lionhead, Criterion Games, Animal Logic and The Foundry.
You'll join DeepMind's Program Management team and provide support to a group of engineers in the Worlds Team. You'll report into the Program Manager for the team. This is a support role with two core strands - enabling people and supporting delivery.
- Listen to, support and enable others
- Act as a trusted advisor and provide solutions to support research and development efforts
- Facilitate opportunities for collaboration and create relevant connections
- Anticipate obstacles before they arise and resolve them
- Know the individuals in the team - preferences, strengths and development areas
- Iron out ambiguity and proactively resolve issues
- Provide scheduling and coordination support for the Worlds team
- Support the prioritisation of work across a wide array of platforms and research areas
- Facilitate conversations to help define milestones, schedules and priorities
- Maintain up-to-date project data, track issues and provide timely reports
- Experience working in a production or project management role
- Proven administration and scheduling experience
- Highly organised with the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Good understanding of project management and development practices
- Experience working in a constantly changing and dynamic environment
- You see what needs to be done and make it happen
- You are self-aware and seek learning opportunities
- Games or visual effects background a plus
- Experience scripting or coding a plus
Competitive salary applies.