We’re searching for an ambitious and driven individual to lead diversity initiatives for DeepMind. We operate in some of the most competitive recruitment markets in the world and our employer brand is absolutely unique. Our employees are highly intelligent, mission driven individuals from across the world, encompassing a vast range of cultures and backgrounds. Everyone brings a new and exciting story to our mission. We care passionately about building a team that reflects the world which we seek to serve, and are looking to hire someone to help us do that.
Our entire company is engaged with attracting the rare talent we need to achieve our mission so we are looking for someone to operate as a true partner. This is the dream role for someone who thrives in a fast paced, changeable environment and is looking to define their career within a company that could genuinely change the world.
- You have experience in developing and leading an innovative, impactful diversity and inclusion strategy.
- You hold exceptional knowledge of innovative and cutting edge practices for diversity and inclusion in the workplace, drawing on creative flair and a passion for continuous improvement.
- You are highly motivated and determined to make a positive impact in the world.
- You are skilled at translating ideas into action and implementing change in a considered and thoughtful way. Whilst leading strategically, you are happy to roll your sleeves up to make stuff happen - no task is too big or too small.
- You will have exceptional communication skills with a natural ability to build strong relationships across all areas of the organisation, instilling trust and creating understanding. You are capable of influencing effectively to facilitate change.
- You are able to assimilate complex, ambiguous information from a variety of sources to inform decisions. You are comfortable using data analysis to drive strategy.
- You are highly organised with experience of managing a broad array of activity and projects whilst constantly ensuring impeccable attention to detail. You are comfortable operating in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
- You are equally comfortable operating independently and as part of a highly supportive and collaborative team. You proactively share information and knowledge - understanding that succeed or fail, we do so as a team.
- You have a demonstrable knowledge of key employment law issues relevant to diversity and inclusion, and the ability to make recommendations to manage risk.
- Define and lead the diversity and inclusion strategy for DeepMind, ensuring an innovative and cutting-edge approach.
- Collaboratively embed the diversity and inclusion strategy into DeepMind’s everyday activity - building on strong internal networks and working with the diversity steering committee. Ensure scalability through significant growth.
- Lead a program of diversity and inclusion initiatives which deliver tangible and measurable outcomes. Incorporate reporting metrics and mechanisms to monitor and assess effectiveness, in order to use data to make future recommendations.
- Proactively develop relationships with a wide range of academic institutions, including schools and universities, to engage with and encourage diverse interest in DeepMind careers and STEM subjects more generally.
- Work with external partners including market research agencies and think tanks to build a clear understanding of our challenges and opportunities around diversity and inclusion issues. Identify innovative organisations and programmes and build partnerships to improve our diversity.
- Partner with the recruitment team to ensure that attraction, branding and recruitment strategies are inclusive and promote DeepMind as a destination employer for people from a range of diverse backgrounds.
- Build relationships with our external recruitment partners including preferred recruitment agencies, search firms and suppliers to ensure they understand and reflect DeepMIind’s diversity strategy.
- Develop internal programs which reflect and support the overall DeepMind diversity and inclusion strategy, ensuring that this is fully embedded within the organisation.
- Drive consistency of approach across DeepMind in attracting, managing and developing talent to support current and future organisational needs.
- Be our in-house expert on diversity and inclusion, including leading our internal communications. Represent DeepMind externally.
To apply, please submit a CV and tell us about you and your diversity philosophy.