The overall purpose of the role is to support one of the co-founders of DeepMind within the DeepMind Applied group. Reporting to the lead Program Manager. This is an exciting and unique opportunity to work within the team to support the various projects that DeepMind Applied engage in. These include areas like DeepMind for Google and DeepMind Health. Some of our recent achievements in these areas include successfully reducing Google’s cost to cool its data centres by 40% and forming partnerships with NHS trusts to deploy new health technologies.
As part of this team, you will work closely alongside key operations teams within DeepMind Applied. You’ll need to adapt to the needs of the team as it builds upon progress in the various project areas. The role requires the following:
- Provide proactive support to the lead Program Manager who handles a variety of high profile projects within the founder’s office
- Generate high-quality presentations and communications for internal/external audiences that show a strong understanding of DeepMind Applied projects
- Draft reports, executive summaries, newsletters, and other communications as required,
- Implement, coordinate, and manage a centralised documentation repository for all documentation to ensure the team have easy access to all information
- Analyse large amounts of information, tasks, and actions and organise these using central repositories to track and ensure successful completion
- Assemble briefings drawing on market research, analytics, and summarising technical pieces
- Work with other program managers, product managers, engineers, and researchers as they progress their work
- Track multiple, complex projects from feasibility assessment to project delivery,
- Proactively look for problems and issues and solve / remove them
- You see what needs to be done and make it happen!
- You should have a BA/BSc degree, and ideally an MA/MSc
- You have a strong proclivity for understanding complex technology projects in different product areas and industries
- Expert knowledge of using standard office tools including spreadsheets and presentations
- You’re self-aware and emotionally intelligent, open to trying new ways of working and receiving feedback on how to get better
- Enthusiasm and strong communication skills needed to interact with a variety of people and job functions. Optimism is critical - we are tackling some of the hardest challenges ever faced
- Flexible and highly responsive to the needs of the project, team and wider group
- A team player capable of effectively facilitating and collaborating with a diverse range of people across a variety of different job functions
- Highly organised with the ability to juggle multiple priorities and switch context very quickly
- Proven experience in proactively coordinating individuals and teams for maximum productivity
- Experience working in a constantly creative, changing and dynamic environment
How to apply
Please include a cover letter when applying and tell us how you can make a difference to our team. In particular, please clearly articulate the type of values you hold and interest in managing complex technical projects.