The DeepMind for Google team, part of DeepMind’s Applied Group, works in close collaboration with Google product teams to deploy machine learning algorithms to help to improve Google products. The team is made up of Research Scientists, Research Engineers and Software Engineers, all of whom work very closely together.
- Collaborate with Research Scientists to design and run experiments, including designing and building necessary infrastructure, tools and libraries
- Reporting and analysis of experimental results
- Working with Software Engineers and other Research Engineers on deployment of machine learning models for live experiments
- BSc/BEng degree in computer science, mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, machine learning or equivalent (MSc/MEng preferable).
- Expert in C/C++ and experienced in at least one scripting language such as Lua, Python or Matlab and a desire to learn new programming languages.
- Experience with implementing numerical methods and data visualization.
- Good knowledge of algorithm design.
- Knowledge of machine learning and/or statistics.
- Experience with GPU programming.
- Experience with multi-threaded design and parallel/distributed computing.
- Interest in neuroscience.
- A passion for AI.
- Contributions to open source projects.