Working on innovative solutions involving a range of technologies: capabilities, static analysis/formal methods, verifiable ledgers to provide both security and transparency to DeepMind's infrastructure, initially for Health but also covering a wide range of applications.
We will be open sourcing much of our code, so experience with open source communities is helpful. Everything from writing client/server software, to modifying language runtimes, to messing about with the kernel is involved. We believe that formal methods are becoming useful for real-world projects and are going to attempt to prove correctness of as much code as we can.
- Extensive programming experience and an interest in new programming languages (we currently use Python and Go)
- A desire to work with big problems and work within a team creating innovative and high impact solutions.
- Strong communication skills as you’ll be working closely with Product Managers, Experience Designers and Clinicians (and many more!).
- Some knowledge of crypto would be useful but not essential.
- We are trying things that have never been tried before in a commercial setting, so an ability to research and adapt academic solutions is useful.
- A security mind-set is essential.