We’re looking for a Quality Assurance Tester with a passion for ensuring quality and a proactive, can-do, attitude to overcoming technical and process challenges. To succeed in this role you will need previous experience as a professional games tester.
At DeepMind we've created a unique environment for long-term ambitious research to flourish in. Our world-class interdisciplinary team combines the best techniques from deep learning, reinforcement learning and systems neuroscience to build powerful general-purpose learning algorithms.
We are making significant progress and have made a number of high profile breakthroughs. Our business has a start-up entrepreneurial culture but operates within a large, high profile global company - so you will need to be flexible and ready for anything.
As part of the Research Group, the Worlds Team provides DeepMind Researchers with the best training and testing environments possible, across a variety of platforms. These range from bespoke mini-games aimed at answering specific research questions, to expansive first-person games using modern 3D engines. The output from the Worlds Team is crucial in helping steer DeepMind’s research forward.
Projects we’ve worked on include AlphaGo, DM Lab, and DQN on Atari as well as contributions to countless publications. The team consists of 30+ developers from high profile engineering, games and VFX companies including: EA, Sony, Facebook, Microsoft, Elixir Studios, Lionhead, Criterion Games, Animal Logic, The Foundry and, of course, Google.
As a QA Tester on our team you will be part of a small but growing team of testers/games players. The duties of the team are two fold:
- Testing and validation of the games, platforms and tasks created by the Worlds and Research teams.
- Recording scores and play sessions in a wide variety of games from classic console games and bespoke mini games to modern 3D games. The data recorded will be used for scientific research purposes in novel and exciting ways.
- Collaborate with the engineers, the QA lead, researchers and design to ensure the research requirements are met and the tasks are of sufficient quality.
- Finding and reporting issues in a clear and accurate manner.
- Provide feedback and produce detailed test plans and test cases.
- Run bug reviews.
- Set reference scores for games used for research.
- Extensive QA testing experience.
- Familiarity with popular games across a variety of genres and platforms.
- A passion for both automated and manual testing.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people with different requirements and ways of working.
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.
Competitive salary applies.