As a Software Engineer within DeepMind Health, you will be be working on back-end systems with large data sets in order to expose information to the front-end - currently an iOS app named Streams. Additionally, we will be looking to integrate the work done on Hark (another iOS app) into Streams as well as building APIs which enable us to receive data from different systems. We currently use a MySQL database with Python, however we are always open to trying new technologies and as this a new project we’re not constrained by legacy code. This is an amazing opportunity to work with world class talent and cutting-edge techniques on a project with the potential to make a huge impact in healthcare.
- Extensive programming experience in Python or C++ and an interest in new programming languages.
- A desire to work with big problems and work within a team creating innovative and high impact solutions.
- Ideally you will have worked on back-end systems with large and complex data sets.
- Experience with both Relational Databases and noSQL solutions is desirable.
- Strong communication skills as you’ll be working closely with Research Scientists, Research Engineer and Clinicians (and many more!)..
- A BSc in Computer Science (or equivalent) or relevant practical experience.
Competitive salary applies.