If you’re a software engineer who is enthusiastic about performance and efficiency, this is an opportunity to help accelerate world-class AI research and make a difference!
The field of AI research is developing at a fast pace and computational demands are continually growing. The DeepMind performance team strives to enable researchers to take advantage of new advances in hardware accelerators, such as GPUs and TPUs. As a Performance Engineer you’ll work alongside our world-class AI researchers and develop methods for efficiently mapping their algorithms to new hardware - you’ll be integrating the latest AI algorithms with cutting-edge hardware and software stacks.
- Collaborate with researchers and engineers at DeepMind and Google
- Develop frameworks to enable researchers to efficiently utilise hardware accelerators
- Identify and develop techniques to map new algorithms to hardware accelerators
- Good communication skills
- Experience with C++
- Experience with multi-threaded design and parallel programming
- Experience with performance profiling
- Knowledge of CUDA or OpenCL
- Experience with GPUs or other hardware accelerators
- Experience with distributed computing
- Experience with compilers such as LLVM
- Knowledge of Python
- Interest in AI
No prior experience of machine learning is necessary.
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.