We do research differently here at DeepMind. Our team of Research Scientists aren't cloistered in a secret lab but are embedded throughout the engineering organization, allowing them to set up large-scale tests and deploy promising ideas quickly and broadly. Ideas may come from internal projects as well as from collaborations with research programs at partner universities and technical institutes all over the world. From creating experiments and prototyping implementations to designing new architectures, Research Scientists work on real-world problems including artificial intelligence, data mining, natural language processing, hardware and software performance analysis, improving compilers for mobile platforms, as well as core search and much more. But you stay connected to your research roots as an active contributor to the wider research community by partnering with universities and publishing papers.
Our team of DeepMind researchers, many renowned in their respective fields, focus on aspects within Machine Learning, Artificial intelligence and Neuroscience, including but not limited to deep neural models, reinforcement learning algorithms and biologically inspired models with the overall goal of building powerful general-purpose learning algorithms. We are active in the wider research community through publications and partner with many of the top academics. We have created a passionate and engaging culture, combining the best of academia and product led environments, providing a supportive balance of structure and flexibility. Our unique approach encourages collaboration across all groups within the Research team, leading to ambitious creativity and the scope for innovative breakthroughs at the forefront of research.
- Design, implement and evaluate models, agents and software prototypes of perceptual processing.
- Report and present research findings and developments including status and results clearly and efficiently both internally and externally, verbally and in writing.
- Suggest and engage in team collaborations to meet research goals.
- Work with external collaborators and maintain relationships with relevant research labs and key individuals as appropriate.
- PhD in a technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- PhD in machine learning, neuroscience or computer science.
- Relevant experience to the position such as post doctoral roles, a proven track record of publications, or deep neural network architectures.
Competitive salary applies.