We are looking for ambitious people with a passion for enabling exceptional individuals to join our unique people-first business.
Our team’s purpose is to both cultivate and optimise our exceptional talent and build a values driven, highly effective and healthy organisation and culture; an organisation where world-class research and creativity flourish, and doing great work that contributes to our mission is everyone’s number one focus.
This is the dream role for someone who thrives in fast paced, changeable environments, and is looking to define their career within a company that could change the world.
At DeepMind, we've created a unique environment for long-term ambitious research to flourish in. Our world-class interdisciplinary team combines the best techniques from deep learning, reinforcement learning and systems neuroscience to build powerful general-purpose learning algorithms. We have already made a number of high profile breakthroughs towards general AI, and we now have all the ingredients in place to make further significant progress over the coming years. We are looking for highly talented and driven individuals who want to be part of an exceptional team, in an inspiring and collaborative environment, working on ground-breaking technology with potentially extraordinary impact.
- You have some experience leading and inspiring a team of People professionals. You are a great manager and coach, you have a few examples of developing others.
- You gained some of your experience in fast-paced, technical environments, preferably with some international exposure and enjoy the opportunities of working as part of a diverse, globally minded team.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and enjoy changeable environments. You can use your experience to implement creative and innovative people focussed practices and make sound, well thought through decisions, which drive business performance.
- You’re a self-motivated and driven individual with a proven ability to work independently, achieve goals with ambiguity, prioritize work, implementing structure and clarity.
- You are able to act with confidence in a high performance culture, instilling trust in everyone you interact with, delivering well thought through solutions.
- You are extremely organised and used to juggling many different priorities, whilst at the same time ensuring impeccable attention to detail. You’re proactive and see what needs to be done - no task is too big or too small.
- You are an excellent communicator adept at influencing and driving positive change. You share information and understand that succeed or fail, we do so as a team.
- You are looking for the career defining role and are ready to commit to this long term mission. The chance to be a key part of something extraordinary, the opportunity to make a real difference.
You will need to use your previous experience and show initiative in order to fully carve out your contribution in this role. You will be mentored and managed by the People Experience Lead and you will manage a growing team of four. You will work closely with the wider People & Culture team.
- Oversee all day-to-day activity for the People Experience team
- Inspire, develop and grow the team to deliver an exceptional life cycle experience to everyone at DeepMind
- Be a point of escalation for first-line employee inquiries
- Lead and oversee the People Experience team’s knowledge management approach
- Continuously improve the user experience for DeepMinders when it comes to finding people related information and getting answers to their day-to-day questions
- Solve problems and get to the root cause of any issue, no matter how complex, and design and quickly implement solutions that cut across multiple disciplines and stakeholders
- Create clear and compelling stories that articulate solutions and processes to scale our employee life cycle experience
- Build on established relationships with key counterparts at Google and other Alphabet companies to facilitate the smooth running of the team and organisation
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know