We are looking for ambitious, highly collaborative individuals with a passion for problem solving and change delivery to join the People Team at DeepMind. Your priority will be to deliver and accelerate people-related change within a unique, mission-led organisation that could change the world. This is the dream role for someone who thrives in fast-paced, ever-changing environments and is looking to work in an inspiring and collaborative environment where world-class research and creativity flourish, and doing great work that contributes to our mission is the number one focus for everyone.
Founded by Demis Hassabis, Mustafa Suleyman and Shane Legg in 2010, DeepMind’s mission is to solve intelligence and then use it to make the world a better place.
We've created a unique environment where long-term ambitious research can flourish. Our world-class interdisciplinary team combines the best techniques from deep learning, reinforcement learning and systems neuroscience to build powerful general-purpose learning algorithms. We have already made a number of high-profile breakthroughs towards building artificial general intelligence and we now have all the ingredients in place to make significant progress over the coming years.
You will need to use your initiative and previous experience to fully carve out your contribution in this role and work effectively. You will work closely with leaders from across the People teams and the wider organisation and key responsibilities will be to:
- Understand team goals and their priorities (relative to wider business needs), and identify, plan and manage the delivery of initiatives needed to achieve them .
- Support management of the full portfolio of People initiatives, ensuring alignment with the organisation’s overall mission and priorities.
- Partner with DeepMinders from across the People teams to deliver projects and embed the changes needed to maximise the benefit of these.
- Take a systematic approach to assessing and analysing the effectiveness of working practices. Identify areas of improvement and own the implementation of potential solutions (with team leads where appropriate).
- Create and maintain appropriate reports and tracking mechanisms to provide stakeholders with timely updates and other relevant information. Take responsibility for overall progress and ensuring actions are completed.
- Provide leadership, advice and guidance on projects across the People teams.
- Facilitate communication and collaboration, foster high performing teams and resolve issues to ensure positive momentum.
You are looking for the career defining role and are ready to commit to our long term mission. This is a chance to play a key role in something extraordinary with the opportunity to make a real difference. Our organization is a leader in its field and rapidly growing. With rapid growth comes rapid change, and to flourish here you need to get your energy from operating at a fast pace and solving problems in an ever-evolving and ambiguous environment.
- Experience in a variety of project and change delivery styles, and the situational awareness and confidence to flex when and how you use this experience for greatest impact across an organisation
- Strong sense of empathy and high EQ; you have a natural ability to build relationships with people, put them at ease and create understanding
- Bias to action, coupled with the ability to judge a situation and take others with you
- Able to influence and engage tactfully and effectively with a diverse range of individuals
- Fulfilled by seeing the individuals and team that you support succeed
- Self-aware, curious and constantly seeking excellence through learning and growth
- Open to receiving and providing feedback in an honest and considerate manner
- Excited about making a long-term commitment and contribution to DeepMind
- Able to act with confidence and integrity in a high performance culture, instilling trust in everyone you interact with.
- Able to execute on ideas and create something tangible, delivering well thought through solutions.
- Analytical mindset and the ability to connect seemingly unrelated information and ideas, to implement scalable and practical solutions which drive organisational performance
- Experience of working in fast-paced environments
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and regularly changing environments; You can create structure within chaos and take action to drive a team forward even when circumstances change
- Excellent communicator adept at influencing and driving positive change; You share information in a coherent, compelling way
Opening date: 11th July, 2019
Closing date: 9th August, 2019
Competitive salary applies.
How to apply
Please include a CV and cover letter explaining more about yourself and how you can make a difference to our team.
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.