Our mission at DeepMind is to solve intelligence and use it to make the world a better place. We all have a critical role and responsibility in defining how AI research is conducted and ultimately what AI will mean for the world . We have extraordinarily ambitious goals, and to achieve them, we need an equally extraordinary culture. We aim to combine the best of business and academia to create a workplace in which deep, thoughtful inquiry and fast, creative progress are equally valued, and can work together to yield innovative breakthroughs at the forefront of AI research and application.
The Systems team design, build, monitor, maintain, and enhance the company's internal and production infrastructures. They anticipate and meet operational requirements, while ensuring the smooth running of quality infrastructure and systems supporting the needs of the company. The need for quick change and versatility within small project teams means that job responsibilities cover a full range of tasks from systems design through operational implementation and maintenance.
We are currently keen to hire a Systems Administrator to help monitor, fix and resolve issues related to DeepMind internal services and systems. This is a rare opportunity to join an extraordinary team of people in a mission driven company. We are looking for an ambitious person to join our unique people-first business - which continues to grow at pace. Our business has a start-up entrepreneurial culture but operates within a large, high profile global company - so you will need to be flexible and ready for anything.
You can see this as a once in a lifetime opportunity for someone who thrives in fast paced, changeable environments and is keen to define their career within a company that could change the world.
- You'll act as the main point of contact for 1st/2nd line queries; user facing support
- You'll provide creative solutions to problems and come up with ideas that aren’t “off the shelf”
- You'll recommend and implement small simple infrastructure designs/changes.
- You'll set up and deploy equipment for new employees
- You may own small/subset of services/domains/support areas
- You'll contribute to your own work group/project section, as well as others that relate or overlap
- You'll offer remote support for international offices
- You'll show enthusiasm and proactivity to exploring new opportunities
- You’ll have relevant experience to date within a complex system environment, any exposure to machine learning is ideal
- You have a passion for technology and a demonstrable interest in how technology can be applied for positive impact
- A breadth of knowledge about the newest technologies and practices is critical
- Working knowledge of Linux and Mac along with some Windows is needed
- You’ll be able to display understanding of development pipelines and workflows
- Programming skills are not required but understanding of Git, Perforce, build tools, compilers are
- Experience of supporting and working with Jira and GitLab preferable but not essential
- Good communication skills with the ability to translate complex technical topics into common language
- Able to work efficiently & independently in environments that have dynamic priorities and are unstructured and ambiguous
- Mission driven and dedicated to achieving the end goal
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.