Lead our Travel Team and you'll join an extraordinary group of people dedicated to providing thoughtful travel solutions for large-scale events, trips and international conferences. This is a busy and rewarding role with responsibility for the development and growth of a team of five as well as overall accountability for travel at DeepMind.
You’ll oversee the management of all aspects of travel for employees and visitors, as well as driving operational improvements. A methodical and flexible mindset will be your greatest strength, whilst your support and guidance will keep the Travel team energised and on-track to maintain a high workload with perfect accuracy.
This is a maternity cover role for 12-15 months, starting summer of 2019.
- Delivery of objectives and key results for 2019 and setting our team goals for the following year
- Lead the prompt and accurate delivery of day-to-day travel requests and know when to jump in to help the team
- Delivery and project management of large-scale travel events, specifically three international conferences (200 - 400 travellers per event) happening in 2020
- Workload and resource management - maintain flow of bookings across the team, pre-empt bottle-necks and reallocate team resource to ensure the smooth delivery of travel arrangements
- Line manage the Travel team through kindness and support. Encourage individual development and growth of this high-performing team
- Constructively challenge and champion innovation amongst everyone you work with and strive for operational improvements to internal workflows and systems
- Build internal relationships throughout People Operations to keep the Travel team connected and informed with DeepMind’s developments and anticipated travel plans
- Manage supplier relationships with Travel Management Company (TMC), hotels and transport companies
- Partner with Leads and Program Managers to create thoughtful and accommodating travel plans that work for groups of people as well as the individual
- Partner with Global Head of Security to ensure destination-specific security precautions are met and shared with travellers
- You have a wealth of experience in individual and group travel management
- You take pride in delivering exceptional customer service and establishing a team reputation for excellence
- You’re committed to people-focused management and thrive in a dynamic environment
- You’re a dedicated and can-do team leader. You know what the team needs to achieve and provide direction to reduce set-backs and bottlenecks
- You are extremely organised and used to juggling many different tasks in changeable and ambiguous environments
- You have a natural ability to form relationships with people. You put people at ease, create understanding and instil trust
- Your knowledge and positive approach means that people actively seek your guidance
Competitive salary applies
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.