Our teams purpose is to both cultivate and optimize our exceptional talent and build a values driven, highly effective and healthy organization and culture; an organization where world class research and creativity flourish and doing great work that supports our mission, is everyone’s number one focus.
This is not a traditional HR role; our goal is to minimise distractions for the team and allow them to focus on their work and our overall mission. DeepMind has a start-up entrepreneurial culture whilst operating within a large, high profile global company - so you will need to be flexible and ready for anything.
You’ll join the People Experience, Reward and Recognition team (which currently has 7 people in it). We provide generalist people-focussed support to the business. You will report to the People Experience Manager whilst partnering closely with all operational teams every day this includes; People & Culture Partners, the Learning Team and various central support teams.
No two days are the same, you should expect to work within a degree of ambiguity as we continually adapt to a growing and evolving business. The team is growing and learning together, adapting and flexing to the needs of the organisation and people.
Key responsibilities include:
- Answering employee queries on a daily basis, on a range of matters e.g. benefits and payroll, liaising with central specialist teams as appropriate to seek answers.
- Approaching each individual query sensitively and with attention; going the extra mile to ensure that employees and managers have everything they need.
- Managing large amounts of confidential data, keeping central systems updated at all times
- Managing diaries, scheduling meetings/training and supporting with events as required.
- Processing contracts for people working on a consultancy basis and liaising with teams/ individuals to ensure everything is in place in time.
- Coordinating the implementation of central programs such as performance management, compensation planning and employee surveys.
- Proactively supporting the People & Culture team with general administrative tasks.
- Supporting with ad hoc projects and suggesting ideas for continuous improvement.
- Assisting with the process of on-boarding new starters; helping to ensure a smooth and enjoyable experience for them.
This is a busy role; you will use your previous experience and show initiative in order to fully carve out your contribution.
- Proven experience in scheduling, coordination and/or administration from a fast-paced environment. Ideally experience in or exposure to HR.
- You are highly organised and have experience juggling multiple tasks, whilst at the same time ensuring impeccable attention to detail. You are meticulous.
- You’re enthusiastic and see what needs to be done, whilst also being flexible and skilled at working in a reactive manner.
- You enjoy spending time with people and being part of a team. You instill trust with everyone you interact with, and can be counted on to be reliable and helpful.
- You instinctively act with absolute discretion and diplomacy, applying sound judgement in responding to circumstances.
- You enjoy variety and have a get stuck in mentality - no task is too big or too small.
- You are self-aware, self-resilient and self-disciplined. You take responsibility for your own behaviour and actions.
- You use your initiative and offer well thought through solutions. You know when to seek guidance and have the confidence to make decisions when needed.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and enjoy changeable environments where you can implement creative and innovative ideas.
- You’re looking for the career defining role and are ready to commit to this long term mission.
This is the dream role for someone who thrives in fast paced, changeable environments and is looking to define their career within a company that could change the world.
How to apply
Please include a cover letter when applying and tell us how you can make a difference to our team.
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.