This is a rare opportunity to join an extraordinary team of people in a mission driven company. Our organisation has a start-up entrepreneurial culture but operates within a large, high profile global company making us uniquely collaborative and mission focussed, as well as highly ambitious.
The purpose of this role is to ensure seamless delivery of first class events for DeepMind. Reporting directly to the Events Manager, you will lead a range of projects from facilitating team off-sites to delivering live events. Our unique culture plays a huge part at DeepMind, and we strive to reflect this in all our events.
We’re looking for a highly talented and motivated individual to join our team, in an inspiring and collaborative environment, working on ground-breaking technology with potentially extraordinary impact. You will work with some of the brightest minds, requiring skill, enthusiasm and significant attention to detail.
Due to continued growth we’re now looking for an Event Specialist to take the lead on several events, working alongside Specialists and Coordinators.
To date, DeepMind events have been innovative, industry leading and globally acclaimed. Whether wowing employees with DeepMind’s next internal event or putting DeepMind in front of a global audience, you will have the creative freedom and backing to think big and execute meticulously. This is your chance to help shape, evolve and make DeepMind events even better. The bar is high, but it can always be raised.
As a DeepMind Events Specialist, you will service internal teams with events strategy, management and operations. This role will suit someone with excellent project management skills and delivering end-to-end event processes.
- Lead on planning, developing, running and implementing all events for DeepMind
- Work with the Events Manager to deliver the events programme and support the delivery of DeepMind’s objectives
- Lead and take responsibility for the logistics of all events, including: venue finding, concept development, budget management, event production, communications management, site selection, negotiations, contracting, vendor selection, registration, and program implementation
- Develop and manage the event programme by identifying new events and evolving the format of existing events
- Keep up to date information and knowledge on venues including; prices, attendee capacities and contacts
- Provide feedback summaries, outlining improvements that can be made, ensuring future events continue to evolve
- Ensure events run to schedule by handling event timetables
- Cultivate internal relationships, communicating with senior leaders, stakeholders, and working with external partners and vendors
- Onsite management including international travel
- Ensuring events are compliant
You’ll be a motivated, friendly and approachable individual with solid events experience, who wants to work for a flourishing company with events playing an integral part to its success. You should be a strong all-round events professional with great project management skills and a good understanding of all aspects of event management. As the lead person on-site at an event you must be calm and overcome obstacles using experience and initiative.
- Deep knowledge of the events industry
- Track record of managing agencies and direct reports
- An extensive portfolio that demonstrates a wide range of events of varying scope and scale
- Proven experience in delivering your own projects from end to end
- Working knowledge of on site operations
- Strong ability to build project plans and budgets
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Meticulous attention to detail on creative and planning elements
- Excellent negotiation skills and an understanding of contractual agreements with vendors and venues
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Flexibility to travel as needed
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.