We are looking for a capable and enthusiastic individual who is keen on organisational design and development to join the Office of the CEO to support the entire executive team and the broader business, which continues to grow at pace. You will join an exceptional team at a mission focused company, in an inspiring and collaborative environment, pioneering technology with tremendous impact.
Founded by Demis Hassabis, Mustafa Suleyman and Shane Legg in 2010, DeepMind’s mission is to solve intelligence and then use it to make the world a better place.
We've created a unique environment where long-term ambitious research can flourish. Our world-class interdisciplinary team combines the best techniques from deep learning, reinforcement learning and systems neuroscience to build powerful general-purpose learning algorithms. We have already made a number of high-profile breakthroughs towards building artificial general intelligence and we now have all the ingredients in place to make significant progress over the coming years.
You will have an extreme breadth of responsibility and collaborate with colleagues in a wide range of positions across the organisation in order to execute effectively. Every day will be different; in addition to adapting to constantly changing priorities, you will need to deliver against a core set of tasks:
- Partner with others to structure and drive projects, balancing scope, speed and quality
- Communicate with the CEO and others on a timely basis to enable good decision-making at pace
- Build relationships with and empower individuals across DeepMind
- Anticipate and resolve risks and issues systematically
- Maintain progress reports of project activities and meticulously track their status
- Analyse quantitative and qualitative data to generate digestible and actionable insights
- Develop strategic proposals as well as implement operational plans
- Organise, attend and manage meetings that span research, strategy and operations
- Juggle a portfolio of priorities in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Contribute to a positive team environment that promotes learning and high performance
- Adapt to the changing needs of the Office and company as we continue to scale
- You are experienced in organisational design and change management contexts, ideally having crafted and executed strategies to improve governance, talent management and/or operating model effectiveness
- You are intellectually interested in organisational design/development research and keen to explore and experiment with its practical application
- You are familiar with people analytics and enthused to be on the leading-edge of this field
- You are highly organised and self-motivated with distinctive problem-solving capabilities
- You are comfortable handling high-pressure situations calmly and positively
- You are resolutely reliable, responsive and resilient to ever-changing and ambiguous objectives
- You are skilled at written and verbal communications, including giving presentations
- You are able to influence and engage tactfully and effectively with a diverse array of individuals
- You are fulfilled by seeing the individuals and team that you support succeed
- You are optimistic in the face of the challenges that DeepMind is undertaking
- You are self-aware, curious and constantly seeking excellence through learning and growth
- You are open to receiving and providing feedback in an honest and considerate manner
- You are professional, loyal and discreet as a representative of the DeepMind executive team
- You are excited about making a long-term commitment and contribution to DeepMind
How to apply
Please include a CV and cover letter that details how you would distinctively serve in this role.
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.