Role: Head of Deployment
Salary: Competitive salary applies
Over the past three years we’ve built a specialist team who know what it takes to deploy clinical tools in practice - engineers, clinicians, translational researchers and more. In that time, we’ve also made major advances in healthcare AI research: detecting eye disease more quickly and accurately than experts; planning cancer radiotherapy treatment in seconds rather than hours; and working to detect patient deterioration from electronic records.
Our vision is for Streams to now become an AI-powered assistant for nurses and doctors everywhere - combining the best algorithms with intuitive design, all backed up by rigorous evidence. The team working within Google, alongside brilliant colleagues from across the organisation, will help make this vision a reality.
We are looking for highly talented and driven individuals who want to be part of an exceptional team, work in an inspiring and collaborative environment, and join a company focused on ground-breaking technology with potentially extraordinary impact.
Streams is already deployed at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust and the Royal Free London group of hospitals. Over the next 12-18 months we will be developing the product’s functionality quite substantially, together with our NHS partners, and making it available to much larger numbers of clinicians across multiple sites.
We are seeking a senior leader with expertise in digital product deployment and clinical change. This leader will build a largely new team to oversee and manage all partners deployments of Streams, including both technical deployment and clinical implementation, as well as workflow redesign.
- To oversee and manage all partner deployments of Streams, including both technical deployment and clinical implementation and workflow redesign.
- Accountability for delivery against a Streams deployment plan that embraces all our partner sites and ties these external commitments together with internal product milestones. The postholder will chair an internal deployment board that brings together the teams responsible for these milestones and represent Streams at external partner meetings.
- To develop a standard deployment method for Streams and to apply this method as we onboard new users and sites.
- To forge strong and trusted relationships with our partners including senior executive sponsors.
- To ensure the best data protection, safety, quality management processes are embedded and observed in all deployments, working closely with our Quality and Risk Management team.
- Experience of large-scale technical deployment including infrastructure, integration, user acceptance testing, release management, etc in a healthcare context (for example deployments of digital, electronic health record or similar products).
- The skills and capability to lead clinical change programmes that onboard Streams users and help them resign their workflow and care pathways to release the product’s maximum potential.
- Experience of operating at a senior management level whether in the NHS or private sector.
- Commitment to ensuring Streams and future deployments observe the highest possible standards of safety and treat data privacy and protection with the utmost importance.
- Seasoned leadership capabilities including experience of building and leading high-performing teams that may operate across different geographies.
- Excellent knowledge of the NHS and, ideally, of international health systems including a network of senior relationships.
- Advanced influencing skills that equip you to work closely both with our internal product teams as well as with external partners, and take a lead in operational problem-solving
- Commitment to the mission of providing clinicians with better, quicker and more insightful knowledge, with the ultimate aim of predicting the onset of acute illness or deterioration.
- Infectious energy, a determination to overcome obstacles and a relentless focus on delivery.
We welcome applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.