Internal Communications Manager
This is an opportunity to join a phenomenal team of people in a complex, mission-driven company. DeepMind continues to grow, and is now seeking an experienced communications manager to join our internal communications team. Working closely with DeepMind’s leadership, Program Management and People & Culture teams, the internal communications manager will be responsible for running and overseeing our internal channel strategy.
This is a chance for a proactive, self-starting internal communications professional to make a tangible difference to the work of one of the most exciting and unusual companies in the world. Reporting to the Internal Communications Lead, this role requires outstanding people skills, project management, the ability to work effectively with world leaders from a wide range of fields, strategic thinking, fast-paced delivery under pressure, excellent judgement, and strong writing and content creation skills.
This role would suit someone who thrives in fast-paced, changeable environments and is looking to define their career within a company that could change the world.
- You have experience in a tech, innovation or science organisation, with at least one role creating and delivering impactful internal communications content across multiple channels, to large global and distributed audiences.
- You have experience producing large-scale internal meetings and events.
- You take a flexible, hands-on approach, including developing content, channels and strategies from scratch.
- You are experienced in managing organisational changes, big and small.
- You are experienced in advising senior leadership on internal communications and engagement.
- You are experienced in using metrics effectively to measure and evaluate the impact of internal communications, and make adjustments as required.
- You have experience in managing complex and time-critical projects.
- You have a strong interest in technology, computer science, AI, social-impact organisations or scientific research.
You will need to use your previous experience and show initiative in order to fully carve out your contribution in this role. You will be managed by the Internal Communications Lead but work in partnership with the wider Communications, Operations and People & Culture teams.
This is not a typical internal communications role. You will have the opportunity to apply your innovative thinking to communications in an unconventional and adventurous organisation.
- Effectively communicate DeepMind’s mission, achievements, initiatives, successes and challenges across the company.
- Review DeepMind’s current approach to internal channels, with a view to producing a new holistic strategy for information flow and engagement.
- Actively measure impact of channels and respond to feedback from the organisation, informing and iterating on an ongoing basis.
- Manage large-scale internal events such as Town Halls and All Hands, attended by hundreds of people across multiple offices.
- Advise stakeholders on their approaches to internal communications, acting as a trusted expert who is able to both offer strategic advice and roll up your sleeves to give practical help.
- Create daily/weekly content for internal channels including blog posts, collateral for leadership, screens and posters.
- Effectively disseminate and coordinate operational information to relevant audiences within DeepMind.
- Manage communications for organisational and process changes ranging from small to large, incremental to radical.
Salary: competitive salary applies
Opening date: 25/04/19
Closing date: 24/05/19
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.