Diversity and Inclusion Coordinator, London
We are looking for a talented coordinator, with a passion for Diversity and Inclusion (D&I), to join our unique people-first business which will continue to grow at pace.
All of our projects aim to make DeepMind a place where difference is understood, included and celebrated, and make the technology sector a welcoming place for everyone to succeed. From delivering events and building relationships with community groups, to conducting research and developing action plans - this is a dream role for someone who is looking to define their career within a company that could change the world.
Founded by Demis Hassabis, Mustafa Suleyman and Shane Legg in 2010, DeepMind’s Mission is to solve intelligence and then use it to make the world a better place.
Our mission at DeepMind is to solve intelligence and use it to make the world a better place. We all have a critical role and responsibility in defining how AI research is conducted and ultimately what AI will mean for the world. We have exceptionally ambitious goals, and to achieve them, we need an equally exceptional culture. We aim to combine the best of business and academia to create a workplace in which deep, thoughtful inquiry and fast, creative progress are equally valued, and can work together to yield innovative breakthroughs at the forefront of AI research and application.
About The Role:
This is a busy role and you will need to use your previous coordination experience and show initiative in order to fully carve out your contribution.
- Central coordination for all D&I activities, support for cross-team communication and driver for continuous improvement.
- Provide project and administrative support for key internal and external projects and events.
- Support the team in coordinating the implementation of D&I strategy, including research, delivery and evaluation of programmes and activities.
- Key point of contact and information source on the D&I team’s programmes and initiatives.
- Build strong internal relationships across our international teams to advocate for D&I.
- Coordinate external partnerships, with organisations such as universities, charities and conferences.
- Develop up-to-date knowledge of developments within the wider policy environment, equality law and sector trends.
- Coordinate budgets and manage finance processes for the team.
- Provide administrative support to the D&I Team.
- You are passionate about Diversity and Inclusion
- You have administrative experience, working within a fast-paced environment, and have proven experience juggling many different tasks, whilst at the same time ensuring attention to detail and quality outcomes.
- You have experience coordinating projects and/or events.
- You are organised and love to schedule your work. You are always one step ahead and people rely on you for your attention to detail and well thought out plans.
- You have a natural ability to build relationships with people. You put people at ease, create understanding and instil trust.
- You are proactive and solutions-focused; you see what needs to be done and get on with it. You’re always on the lookout for time-saving solutions.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and enjoy changeable environments where you can implement creative and innovative ideas.
- You enjoy variety and have a get stuck in mentality - no task is too big or too small.
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.