Role: Facilities Specialist
This is a rare opportunity to join a phenomenal team of people in a mission driven company. We’re looking for an ambitious person to join our unique people-first business which continues to grow at pace. Our business has a start-up entrepreneurial culture but operates within a large, high profile global company making us uniquely collaborative and mission focussed, as well as highly ambitious.
At DeepMind we've created a unique environment for long-term ambitious research to flourish in. Our world-class interdisciplinary team combines the best techniques from deep learning, reinforcement learning and systems neuroscience to build powerful general-purpose learning algorithms. We have already made a number of high profile breakthroughs towards general AI and as part of Google/Alphabet we now have all the ingredients in place to make further significant progress over the coming years.
The Facilities Specialist will support the Workplace and Property team with a variety of facilities services at DeepMind. You will have a thorough knowledge of best practices for building maintenance, operations and customer service - with strong communication, attention to detail and customer service skills.
- Manage delivery of daily office activities, programs, and services in a fast paced, demanding environment that requires the highest level of service standards.
- Liaise with vendors and building management to coordinate services including janitorial, catering, plant, signage, HVAC and construction services.
- Conduct regular office inspections including inspecting and evaluating the physical condition of furniture & fittings, organising repairs & replacements where necessary.
- Maintain and support workplace goals and objectives in line with DeepMind’s strategy.
- Work closely with building management to create and propose emergency response plans including evacuation, implementation of after-hours emergency response, and environmental health and safety.
- Implement and maintain practices to secure the overall health, safety, and security of the facility including risk assessments.
- Create, develop, implement and manage workplace processes and procedures in an evolving environment.
- Cultivate a collaborative, friendly and fun work environment that fosters innovation and productivity.
- Review, verify & approve vendor-provided reports, purchase orders and invoices.
- Manage office projects, briefing vendors, obtaining quotes, organizing and checking completed works.
- Meet & communicate events/service announcements to stakeholders across various teams.
- Assist with coordination of on-site events and site visits.
- Work closely with Corporate Security on safety and security queries and concerns including organising and approving workplace related visitors.
- Participate in creating a monthly newsletter and/or blog to broadcast current workplace activities and future plans.
- Procurement of office furniture and supplies ensuring competitive and fair business practices.
- Coordinate and assist with meeting room/event/ancillary set ups & arrangements as required.
- Organise fire and first aid training.
- Manage conference room calendar data, making changes when required.
- Research and implement new innovative environmental efforts to improve and reduce environmental impact.
- Provide administrative support by raising and issuing POs, recording expenses, preparing and updating presentation slides, upkeeping budget spend trackers
- Work with & support wider DeepMind remote teams.
- You are commitment to hands-on, team oriented management and thrive in a dynamic office environment.
- You pride yourself on your customer service skills.
- You can demonstrate adaptability and attention to detail and have strong problem analysis and problem-solving skills.
- You have experience of working with outside vendors and knowledge of contracts, payables/receivables, and budget management.
- You keep calm under pressure and have the ability to maintain detail and organization in a changing environment.
- You are at your best when meeting a deadline and make sound decisions, sometimes under changeable circumstances.
- You constantly update your knowledge of legislation relating to property management.
- You have a good understanding of service charges and understand the principles of contract law.
- You are able to apply legislation and policies relating to Health and Safety and Environmental protection.
- You love working as part of a team and supporting colleagues.
- You can effectively manage multiple ongoing projects/tasks.
- You can change your communication style to suit a range of audiences.
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.