Our work environment is really important to us - we're looking to create a workplace that enables, energises and inspires. You’ll be part of the Property and Workplace team, helping shape current and future workplaces, playing a key role in creating these spaces for our team.
At DeepMind we've created a unique environment for long-term ambitious research to flourish in. Our world-class interdisciplinary team combines the best techniques from deep learning, reinforcement learning and systems neuroscience to build powerful general-purpose learning algorithms. We have already made a number of high profile breakthroughs towards general AI and we now have all the ingredients in place to make further significant progress over the coming years.
In this role as a Workplace Design Manager, you will be the creator of our workplace design principles. You will be responsible for setting the interior design strategy for our growing real estate presence, preparing concept designs and delivering presentations at all levels. You’ll work collaboratively across the organisation to elicit design briefs and requirements.
Based in London, this role covers all our offices globally.
We’re looking for a special someone who understands how to make each day inspiring. Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Creation and implementation of DeepMind’s workplace design principles, including considerations such as inclusivity and sustainability
- Creating workplace design concepts, including sourcing samples and developing moodboards, that provide tangible outputs that stakeholders can engage with
- Working closely with and eliciting detailed requirements from key stakeholders and groups and translating them into the world of property, designing solutions and be part of the delivery team
- Responsible for ensuring that requirements are prioritised and aligned to deliver a cohesive workplace design
- Acting as the central point of contact within DeepMind for workplace design questions while working closely with architects and suppliers to translate these into meaningful requirements
- Developing company wide programmes relating to workplace design
- Researching best practice in office design, appraising and formulating ideas to test and implement
- Designing an inspiring and engaging office experience
- Designing engaging and inspiring informal learning opportunities
- Ensuring the entire office delivers our workplace mission
- Managing feedback from focus groups and disseminating learnings
- You are a project manager with experience in interior and graphic design
- You are technically savvy in AutoCAD, Revit, Rhino, V-Ray, and Adobe Creative Suite
- You have relevant work experience in a high-tech, fast paced environment and have the ability to work in an ambiguous space
- You have an eye for detail and ability to produce and deliver executive presentations and produce project status reports
- You can think "out of the box" and bring creative, non-standard, and innovative solutions to the table. Proven record of influencing strategic change and initiatives
- You have fanatical attention to detail and display enormous integrity, always doing the right thing with exceptional standards of teamwork.
If you’d like to join us please tell us a bit about yourself and the role you’re looking for. We’d love to hear what made you apply for this role.
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.