Role: Program Manager; Workplace Team
This is a rare opportunity to join a phenomenal team of people in a complex, mission-driven company. As DeepMind continues to grow, we are now seeking an experienced Program Manager with a general operational background to join our Workplace team. We’re looking for a highly talented and driven individual who wants to be part of an exceptional team, in an inspiring and collaborative environment. You’ll be working with some of the best and brightest minds which takes skill, enthusiasm and an exceptional attention to detail. With a people-first approach, this role would suit someone who thrives in fast-paced, changing environments and is looking to define their career within a company that could change the world.
At DeepMind we've created a unique environment for long-term ambitious research to flourish in. Our world-class interdisciplinary team combines the best techniques from deep learning, reinforcement learning and systems neuroscience to build powerful general-purpose learning algorithms. We have already made a number of high profile breakthroughs towards general AI and now have all the ingredients in place to make further significant progress over the coming years.
You have established knowledge of, and expertise in, a variety of project and program management styles - and the ability to adapt and apply them when solving operational issues. Ideally you will have experience of program managing people focused initiatives, along with organisational change management.
- You are a strong individual contributor but have a natural ability to build relationships with people, you put them at ease and create understanding. You enjoy spending time with people, have a strong sense of empathy and high EQ.
- You are able to act with confidence and integrity in a high performance culture, instilling trust in everyone you interact with.
- You are able to execute on ideas and create something tangible, delivering well thought through systematic solutions.
- You have an analytical mindset and the ability to connect seemingly unrelated information and ideas, to implement scalable and practical solutions which drive organisational performance.
- You gained at least some of your experience in fast-paced, technical environments.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and enjoy changeable environments; you can introduce the correct level of structure within innovative and creative teams and take action to drive a team forward even when circumstances change.
- You are an excellent communicator adept at influencing and driving positive change; You share information in a coherent, compelling way.
- You remain curious and focused even when a project is far from the end goal. You are looking for a career defining role and are ready to commit to this long term mission. The chance to be a key part of something extraordinary, the opportunity to make a real difference. Our organization is a leader in its field and rapidly growing. With rapid growth comes rapid change, and to flourish here you need to get your energy from operating at a fast pace and solving problems in an ever-evolving and ambiguous environment.
You will need to use your previous experience and show initiative in order to fully carve out your contribution in this role. You will work closely with leaders from across the Property and Workplace team and other Operational teams across the business.
- Understand team goals and their priorities (relative to wider business needs), and identify, plan and manage the delivery of initiatives needed to achieve them
- Manage a program of projects and initiatives, ensuring alignment with the team’s strategic objectives and the overall business priorities
- Partner with Property and Workplace team leads, and other stakeholders across the organisation, to manage specific projects and programs designed to continually enhance the organisation and our ways of working.
- Create and maintain appropriate reports and tracking mechanisms to provide stakeholders with timely updates and other relevant data. Take responsibility for driving forward overall progress and ensuring actions are completed.
- Provide proactive support and act as a key advisor to the Head of Property and Workplace. Represent this team to the highest standards.
- Provide leadership, advice and guidance on the portfolio of projects and programs across the Property and Workplace.
- Facilitate communication and collaboration, engage high performing teams to retain positive momentum.
- Liaise with wider Google/Alphabet teams as necessary to input and collaborate on projects to ensure successful outcomes.
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.
Competitive salary applies.