This is a rare opportunity to join a phenomenal team of people in a complex, mission-driven company. DeepMind continues to grow globally, and is scaling their security team to meet these demands, and is now seeking a Global Security Operations Manager to help establish a high-performing team and enable outstanding risk management across DeepMind’s activities.
In collaboration with Alphabet’s Global Security and Resilience Services (GSRS), the DeepMind Security Team has a global responsibility to protect, sustain and enhance DeepMind’s and Alphabet's ability to thrive.
We’re looking for a highly talented and driven individual who wants to be part of an exceptional team, in an inspiring and collaborative environment. You’ll be working with some of the best and brightest minds which takes skill, enthusiasm and an exceptional attention to detail. This role would suit someone who thrives in fast-paced, ever-changing environments and is looking to define their career within a company that could change the world.
Founded by Demis Hassabis, Mustafa Suleyman and Shane Legg in 2010, DeepMind’s Mission is to solve intelligence and then use it to make the world a better place.
Over the last few years we've created a unique environment for long-term ambitious research to flourish in. Our world-class interdisciplinary team combines the best techniques from deep learning, reinforcement learning and systems neuroscience to build powerful general-purpose learning algorithms. We have already made a number of high profile breakthroughs towards Artificial General Intelligence and we have all the ingredients in place to make further significant progress over the coming years.
As Security Operations Manager you will lead the operational security streams within DeepMind. You will be a subject matter expert in the area of physical security, working closely with internal and external stakeholders to deliver an aligned security strategy. You will be the architect of DeepMind security operations, and lead the implementation of pan-Alphabet security services within DeepMind.
- Support the continuous development of the DeepMind security program, including the development and implementation of standards and processes
- Establish and manage a security governance program
- Conduct security risk assessments for all types of operation
- Lead on DeepMind event and project security management
- Support enterprise resilience and disaster recovery
- Support DeepMind incident response
- Provide security guidance and consultation to employees
- The role may require up to 15% travel
- You have experience in planning and executing international security operations
- You demonstrate operational leadership and have led high performing teams
- You are comfortable managing security of intellectual property
- You have knowledge of laws and practices of corporate physical security, investigations, and safety
- You are data-driven and detail-oriented, with outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- You can multitask and enjoy working in a fast paced environment.
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.