Role: University and Educational Partnerships Lead
Location: Central London
This is an opportunity to join a phenomenal team of people in a mission-driven company. DeepMind continues to grow and is now seeking a university and educational partnerships lead to shape and oversee programmes designed to increase access to science education, as well as leading on stakeholder relations within higher education. You will use your experience and creativity to devise and execute partnership programmes, stakeholder activity, and allocation of funding. You can find out more about some of our current efforts here:
This is a chance for a proactive, self-starting professional to make a tangible difference to the work of one of the most exciting and unusual companies in the world. Reporting to the Director of Public Engagement, this role requires a deep understanding of the global higher education environment, the ability to work effectively with leaders from the education field, strategic thinking, fast-paced delivery under pressure, excellent judgement, and strong partnership management and programme oversight skills.
This role would suit someone who thrives in fast-paced, ever-changing environments and is looking to define their career within a company that could change the world.
You will need to use your previous experience and show initiative in order to fully carve out your contribution in this role. This is not a typical Programme or Partnerships Management role. You will have the opportunity to apply your innovative thinking to educational partnerships in an unconventional and adventurous organisation.
- Design and implement our global educational partnerships strategy, building relationships with a wide range of educational institutions and delivering meaningful impact in improving access to science education
- Execute on DeepMind’s university partnerships programmes, from managing our existing Endowed Chairs programme to introducing new initiatives
- Build DeepMind’s educational partnerships beyond universities, including relationships with NGOs, innovative start-ups, conference organisers and others who share our passion for improving access to science education
- Distribute, manage and report on the company’s educational partnerships budget. Set goals for impact, and report on how we’re delivering against them
- Work with partners on programme delivery, ensuring programmes align to stated intentions and aims, particularly around increasing diverse representation
- Act as the internal ambassador for educational initiatives within DeepMind, building strong relationships with other internal stakeholders who work closely with educational organisations
- Act as an external advocate and ambassador, building recognition of the importance of improving access to science education and of our programmes designed to support this
- Experience of managing education-focussed partnerships, programmes and relationships across multiple geographies. This will ideally include experience of working directly for higher education institutions, as well as experience working on behalf of funder organisations that support the education or non-profit sectors
- Experience of managing funding budgets, and defining, measuring and maximising the impact of programmes
- Proven ability to build and maintain stakeholder relationships within the higher education sector. Some experience of partnering with smaller startup organisations would also be desirable
- Demonstrable skill in working creatively and flexibly with a wide range of internal stakeholders within your organisation, drawing on different areas of expertise to solve challenges and create unified strategies
- Experience of public advocacy for the importance of education, and for initiatives designed to support the sector
Competitive salary applies
Opening date: 5th February 2019
Closing date: 5th March 2019
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.