The DeepMind for Google Research team are currently recruiting PhD interns to join our interdisciplinary team and contribute to our ground-breaking research in solving intelligence. As an Applied PhD intern at DeepMind you’d be working closely with our renowned team of researchers, who focus on topics within Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence with the overall goal of building powerful general-purpose learning algorithms and applying them to real world problems with high impact.
DeepMind is active within the wider research community through publications and partners with many of the world’s top academics and academic institutions. We have created a passionate and engaging culture, combining the best of academia with product led environments, providing an impressive balance of structure and flexibility.
Our unique approach encourages collaboration across all groups within the Research team, leading to ambitious creativity and the scope for innovative breakthroughs at the forefront of research and application.
Interns work with our Research Scientists to:
- Design, implement and evaluate models, agents and software prototypes of perceptual processing
- Report and present research findings and developments including status and results clearly, verbally and in writing
- Suggest and engage in team collaborations to meet research goals
- Bridge the gap between the research and products by integrating new fundamental research into applied projects and identifying interesting real world problems to research.
In order to apply, you should be:
- Studying towards a PhD in machine learning, computer science or a related field
- In your penultimate or final year of study
- Available for 16-20 weeks within 2019 (please note: there is no fixed start month)
Applications close on 1st March 2019