The DeepMind for Google (DMG) Research team focuses on using the best available technologies to address some of the world’s most pressing and complex challenges. Collaborating with Google teams, we apply our cutting edge research to products used by millions of people around the world. These real world applications of AI technology help us work towards one of DeepMind’s purposes - to use intelligence to make the world a better place.
The DMG team works in close collaboration with Google product teams to deploy machine learning algorithms to help improve Google products and services. Right now, for example, we are working on collaborations with Google’s Data Centre Operations team, Google Play, Google Ads Quality, and Google Text to Speech, among others. DMG is made up of Research Scientists and Software Engineers, all of whom work very closely together.
Our Research Scientists bridge the gap between fundamental research and applications by integrating research into applied projects and working on research inspired by applications. To this end, we are looking to hire top quality Research Scientists that are interested in contributing to both the applied and academic sides of research.
Visit https://deepmind.com/applied/deepmind-google/ to see more details on the projects we’re currently working on.
- Perform research to make machine learning more applicable to real world problems.
- Provide research input on Google products: determine the scope of the problem, the best place to apply machine learning, and evaluate different approaches.
- Bridge the gap between the research and products by integrating new fundamental research into applied projects and identifying interesting real world problems to research.
- Collaborate with Software Engineers to design and run experiments, including designing and evaluating new algorithms as well as implementing known algorithms.
- Report and present experimental results and research findings clearly and efficiently, both internally and externally.
- Be active members of the applied research community, by validating and contributing to advances in ML.
- Ph.D. in computer science or a related field.
- Publication track record in machine learning conferences and/or journals.
- Solid software engineering skills for prototyping.
- Experience with implementing numerical methods and data visualization.
- Good knowledge of algorithm design.
- Experience in applying ML to real world problems.
- Strong expertise in reinforcement learning and/or deep learning.
- Competent in one or more of the Google supported languages (C++, Java, Python) with a desire to learn more.
The work you will do will significantly move the needle within a Product Area that has high strategic importance to Google - which could be one of our existing collaborations or one of the new ones we will start up.
The role will suit candidates who enjoy metrics-driven work, building momentum through successive experiments and launches anywhere from Ads to Search to Android, and who wish to immerse themselves in some of the most cutting-edge ML and AI research.
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.