People Teams - Change & Delivery Partner
We are looking for ambitious people with a passion for enabling exceptional individuals to join our unique people-first business. Our team’s purpose is to both cultivate and optimize our exceptional talent and build a values driven, highly effective and healthy organization and culture; an organization where world class research and creativity flourish and doing great work that contributes to our mission, is everyone’s number one focus. This is the dream role for someone who thrives in complex, fast-paced, ever-changing environments and is looking to define their career within a company that could change the world.
At DeepMind we've created a unique environment for long-term ambitious research to flourish in. Our world-class interdisciplinary team combines the best techniques from deep learning, reinforcement learning and systems neuroscience to build powerful general-purpose learning algorithms. We have already made a number of high profile breakthroughs towards general AI and we now have all the ingredients in place to make further significant progress over the coming years. We are looking for highly talented and driven individuals who want to be part of an exceptional team, in an inspiring and collaborative environment, working on ground-breaking technology with potentially extraordinary impact.
You have established knowledge of, and expertise in, a variety of project and program management styles - and the ability to adapt and apply them when solving operational issues. Ideally you will have experience of program managing HR initiatives, along with organisational change management.
- You are a strong individual contributor but have a natural ability to build relationships with people, you put them at ease and create understanding. You enjoy spending time with people, have a strong sense of empathy and high EQ.
- You are able to act with confidence and integrity in a high performance culture, instilling trust in everyone you interact with.
- You are able to execute on ideas and create something tangible, delivering well thought through systematic solutions.
- You have an analytical mindset and the ability to connect seemingly unrelated information and ideas, to implement scalable and practical solutions which drive organisational performance.
- You gained at least some of your experience in fast-paced, technical environments.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and enjoy changeable environments; You can create structure within chaos and take action to drive a team forward even when circumstances change.
- You are an excellent communicator adept at influencing and driving positive change; You share information in a coherent, compelling way.
- You are comfortable with uncertainty; You remain curious and focused even when a project is far from the end goal. You are looking for the career defining role and are ready to commit to this long term mission. The chance to be a key part of something extraordinary, the opportunity to make a real difference. Our organization is a leader in its field and rapidly growing. With rapid growth comes rapid change, and to flourish here you need to get your energy from operating at a fast pace and solving problems in an ever-evolving and ambiguous environment.
You will need to use your previous experience and show initiative in order to fully carve out your contribution in this role. You will work closely with leaders from across the People teams.
- Understand team goals and their priorities (relative to wider business needs), and identify, plan and manage the delivery of initiatives needed to achieve them
- Manage the full portfolio of People initiatives, ensuring alignment with the organisation’s overall mission
- Develop and maintain an annual roadmap for the delivery of People initiatives
- Partner with People team leads to manage specific projects and programs designed to continually enhance the organisation, for example implementation of core value statements, upgrade of internal communication mechanisms, strategic review of travel support and operational improvements.
- Take a systematic approach to assessing and analysing the effectiveness of working practices. Identify areas of improvement and own the implementation of potential solutions (with team leads where appropriate).
- Create and maintain appropriate reports and tracking mechanisms to provide stakeholders with timely updates and other relevant information. Take responsibility for overall progress and ensuring actions are completed.
- Provide proactive support and act as a key advisor to the People Teams Director. Represent her and the wider People teams to the highest standards.
- Provide leadership, advice and guidance on projects and programs across the People teams.
- Facilitate communication and collaboration, foster high performing teams and resolve issues to ensure positive momentum.
- Liaise with central Google/Alphabet teams as necessary to facilitate the smooth running of the organisation.
If you’d like to join us please tell us a bit about yourself and what you could bring to this role.
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.
Competitive salary applies.
Opening date: 15th Jan, 2019
Closing date: 12th Feb, 2019