Role: Team Coordinator, Research
Location: Central London
We are looking for a driven, highly organised Team Coordinator to support our Research and Operations teams. This role will give you a unique perspective of multiple teams within DeepMind and provide you with an invaluable range of skill sets.
Our mission at DeepMind is to solve intelligence and use it to make the world a better place. We all have a critical role and responsibility in defining how AI research is conducted and ultimately what AI will mean for the world. We have exceptionally ambitious goals, and to achieve them, we need an equally exceptional culture. We aim to combine the best of business and academia to create a workplace in which deep, thoughtful inquiry and fast, creative progress are equally valued, and can work together to yield innovative breakthroughs at the forefront of AI research and application.
The overall purpose of the role is to remove all administrative pressures from the lives of our Senior Research Scientists and Program Managers therefore enabling them to focus entirely on our mission of solving AGI. Reporting to the Research Support Manager you will join a team that resolves operational and administrative issues before they arise and moves quickly, adapting to changing priorities to support their teams. Within this role, you will be given the opportunity to support research and operations teams across the organisation. This is an incredible opportunity to build your understanding of numerous parts of our organisation and help you identify which area you may want to specialise in longer term. By supporting multiple teams working on a variety of our cutting edge research priorities, you will be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in the world and build an invaluable range of skill sets. You will be part of a community of coordinators who will meet regularly to share their collective learning and grow together in a fun, supportive, and high performing environment.
Your role is to provide administrative, scheduling, and coordination support. You can expect to manage a broad range of administrative responsibilities and projects which may vary depending on which team that you are working with but will likely include tasks such as:
● Collaborating on all administration and operational processes, making suggestions for continuous improvement to grow efficiencies
● Help coordinate and facilitate team meetings, including circulating agendas, ensuring everyone is well prepared, time is used effectively, and actions are complete
● Coordinate complex diaries for meetings, interviews, conference calls and appointments across numerous time zones and on behalf of multiple people
● Supporting the growth of the team you work with and accelerating the learning of new starters by helping support their induction experience
● Coordinating schedules for our external speakers and visitors; liaising with researchers from academia and industry, as well our internal operational and research teams to ensure travel, calendars and research meetings provide a positive experience for visitors
● Organising team events and socials, and partnering with the events team for larger scale events.
● Expense tracking and processing
● Creation and tracking of purchase orders and general troubleshooting
● Ensuring invoices and POs are approved and have been through the relevant processes for payment
● Updating documentation and reports ● Maintaining up-to-date research milestone data and communicating progress
● Supporting the coordination of submissions during peak periods for research paper deadlines
● Supporting the administration of ad hoc projects dependant on the team’s needs, e.g. coordinating external partnerships or organising internal talks.
● You are passionate about DeepMind’s AGI mission and the benefits this can bring to the world.
● You are extremely organised, used to working at a very fast pace, juggling many different tasks in changeable and ambiguous environments, whilst at the same time ensuring impeccable attention to detail
● You are willing to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in with anything. No task is too big or too small
● You understand the importance of doing great work and are motivated by achieving results and by functioning as a part of a team
● You are highly driven and committed to quality with a long term view on career success
● You have excellent communication skills with the ability to deal tactfully, calmly and effectively with a wide range of people ● You are able to navigate ambiguous situations and can proactively resolve issues
● You are flexible and highly responsive to the needs of the project, team and wider group
● You are self-aware, proactive and seek learning opportunities
● You find satisfaction in seeing the team you support succeed
● You have knowledge of using standard MAC and G-Drive tools, including sheets, slides and docs
● Some relevant industry experience, working in a fast paced and changing environment, is preferred
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or an additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.