This is an opportunity to join a phenomenal team of people in a complex, mission-driven company. DeepMind continues to grow and is now seeking an experienced Brand Manager to work with our organisation, which includes many of the world’s leading AI scientists and engineers. Working alongside DeepMind’s Creative and Brand Lead, the Brand Manager will play a vital role in delivering an effective brand and marketing strategy and ensuring all aspects of our activities align with the company values and overall mission.
The role will be highly varied, offering the chance for a proactive and hands-on professional to make a tangible difference to the work of one of the most exciting and unusual companies in the world. The role requires a demonstrable grasp of marketing fundamentals combined with experience of delivering creative and brand projects. It requires a high level of comfort with ambiguity to deliver brand marketing in a research-driven organisation with few customers but a complex set of external audiences and stakeholders.
This role would suit someone who thrives in complex, fast-paced, changeable environments and is looking to define their career within a company that could change the world.
- Support the development, implementation and delivery of DeepMind’s brand marketing strategy.
- Devise and execute DeepMind’s social media strategy presence, ensuring that channels are well-curated and operate effectively to support our aims
- Execute creative projects to engage a variety of audiences - ranging from film, interactive digital experiences to immersive events
- In collaboration with Communications and Design, you’ll act as a guardian of brand guidelines and ensure consistent representation across all branding activity
- In collaboration with the Events team, manage DeepMind’s presence at industry events and conferences
- Effectively and proactively manage external agencies to deliver impressive and engaging projects on time and on budget
- Carry out and commission ongoing audience research to monitor market trends
- Oversee brand and metric tracking and evaluate the effectiveness of marketing at DeepMind
- You’ll have previous and demonstrable brand marketing experience in fast-paced and demanding environments. It’s essential you bring experience from a technology-driven or scientific organisation.
- You have proven experience creating and delivering impactful brand marketing campaigns and strategies.
- You have the proven ability to build collaborative internal and external relationships including managing creative and brand agencies.
- You display a creative mindset and the ability to be proactive about driving forward ideas across a range of media. You’ll thrive on the challenge of finding new and innovative ways to reach your audience.
- You are experienced in digital marketing, ranging from social media campaigns to overseeing web design and development.
- You are experienced in measuring the impact of marketing and communications on different audiences.
- You stay up to date with all the latest trends in marketing to ensure your advice and goals are relevant and well-informed.
Competitive salary applies
Opening date: 21st December, 2018
Closing date: 18th January, 2019
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.