We are looking for an extraordinarily capable and enthusiastic individual to join the Office of the CEO to support the entire executive team and the broader business, which continues to grow at pace. You will join an exceptional team at a mission-driven company, in an inspiring, collaborative environment, pioneering technology with tremendous impact.
Founded by Demis Hassabis, Mustafa Suleyman and Shane Legg in 2010, DeepMind’s mission is to solve intelligence and then use it to make the world a better place.
We've created a unique environment where long-term ambitious research can flourish. Our world-class interdisciplinary team combines the best techniques from deep learning, reinforcement learning and systems neuroscience to build powerful general-purpose learning algorithms. We have already made a number of high-profile breakthroughs towards building artificial general intelligence and we now have all the ingredients in place to make significant progress over the coming years.
You will have an extreme breadth of responsibility and will need to collaborate with colleagues in a wide range of positions across the organisation to execute effectively. Every day will be different; in addition to adapting to constantly changing priorities, you will need to deliver against a core set of tasks:
- Structure and drive projects in a standalone capacity balancing scope, speed and quality
- Communicate with the CEO, executive team and others on a timely basis
- Build relationships with individuals across the organisation
- Anticipate and resolve risks and issues systematically
- Maintain progress reports of project activities and meticulously track their status
- Analyse quantitative and qualitative data to generate digestible and actionable insights
- Develop strategic proposals as well as operational plans
- Organise, attend and manage meetings that span research, strategy and operations
- Juggle a portfolio of priorities in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Contribute to a positive team environment that promotes development and performance
- Adapt to the changing needs of the Office and company as we continue to scale
- Highly organized and self-motivated with distinctive problem-solving capabilities, honed through management consulting, investment banking, corporate strategy or similar
- Comfortable in business and corporate development contexts, ideally with direct transaction exposure in private equity, corporate development or similar
- Experienced in handling high-pressure situations calmly and positively
- Resolutely reliable, responsive and resilient to ever-changing and ambiguous objectives
- Equally comfortable devising strategic initiatives and operationalising tactical projects
- Supremely skilled communicating verbally, in writing and via presentations
- Able to deal tactfully, respectfully and effectively with a diverse array of individuals
- Willing both to get your hands dirty and to liaise indirectly with teams
- Aware of what needs doing and keen to make it happen, however big or small
- Fulfilled in seeing the individuals and team that you support succeed
- Optimistic in the face of the challenges that DeepMind is undertaking
- Self-aware and constantly seeking excellence through opportunities to learn and improve
- Open to receiving and providing feedback in an honest and considerate manner
- Professional and discreet as a representative of the CEO and of DeepMind
- Excited about making a long-term commitment and contribution to the DeepMind team
How to apply
Please include a cover letter that details how you would distinctively serve in this role.
Salary: Competitive salary applies
Opening date: 6th December, 2018
Closing date: 3rd January, 2019
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.