DeepMind is currently recruiting Interns to join our interdisciplinary team and contribute to our ground-breaking research in solving intelligence and using it to make dramatic advances in the challenging problems in all disciplines of Science.
As an intern at DeepMind you’d be working closely with our renowned team of researchers who focus on Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence and Neuroscience with the overall goal of building powerful general-purpose learning algorithms.
Interns in the Science Program leverage their domain knowledge and explore the use of machine learning approaches to solve broad scientific problems by drawing on expertise from a variety of natural science fields. Disciplines may include but are not limited to structural biology, genetics, astrophysics, or condensed matter physics.
DeepMind is active within the wider research community through publications and partners with many of the world’s top academics and academic institutions. We have created a passionate and engaging culture, combining the best of academia with product led environments, providing an impressive balance of structure and flexibility.
Interns work with our Research Scientists to:
- Develop novel AI and ML based approaches to solve hard scientific problems
- Design, implement and evaluate models, agents and software prototypes
- Report and present research findings and developments including status and results clearly, verbally and in writing
- Suggest and engage in team collaborations to meet research goals
In order to apply, you should be:
- Studying towards a PhD in a technical field and/or in the natural sciences
- In your penultimate or final year of study
- Available for 16-20 weeks within 2019 (please note: there is no fixed start month)
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.
Applications close on 28th January 2019