Role: UX Research Program Coordinator
Salary: Competitive salary applies
Over the past three years we’ve built a team of experts in what it takes to deploy clinical tools in practice - engineers, clinicians, translational researchers and more. In that time, we’ve also made major advances in healthcare AI research: detecting eye disease more quickly and accurately than experts; planning cancer radiotherapy treatment in seconds rather than hours; and working to detect patient deterioration from electronic records.
Our vision is for Streams to now become an AI-powered assistant for nurses and doctors everywhere - combining the best algorithms with intuitive design, all backed up by rigorous evidence. The team working within Google, alongside brilliant colleagues from across the organisation, will help make this vision a reality.
We are looking for a highly talented and driven individuals who want to be part of an exceptional team, work in an inspiring and collaborative environment, and join a company focused on ground-breaking technology with potentially extraordinary impact.
We’ve already made a number of high profile breakthroughs in AI, and following our acquisition by Google in 2014 have all the ingredients in place to make further significant progress over the coming years. This combination of applied research & real world products, help us work towards the safe & ethical deployment of AI technologies, in order to make the world a better place.
We’re a close-knit family of product & project managers, designers, user researchers, computer scientists, academic researchers, engineers and clinicians. We’ve all made significant commitments to our health work, and are committed to working together for the long term. We aim for psychological safety, dependability, empowerment, diversity & inclusion. Some of us are fresh out of university, while others helped design the protocol that served you this very page.
We are looking for someone who can streamline and scale our user research efforts to realize our vision of transforming healthcare through AI. Your work will help us get more feedback from our users - doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals. In so doing, you will increase empathy amongst our team and support the successful delivery of features to multiple hospitals.
You will take a program management role that requires a sharp, organized mind, and a proactive approach. You enjoy working in a fast-paced delivery environment. You’re comfortable with ambiguity and you’re able to act with confidence in a high performance culture. You are adept at multitasking and coordination, detail-oriented, and a great collaborator. You have excellent communication skills, an ability to build strong relationships and securing buy in. You will work closely with design, clinical safety, delivery managers, clinicians, legal, product management, and other cross disciplinary feature teams. You need to be a flexible thinker who can balance many objectives and research activities across multiple teams.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across Streams to develop functional, intuitive products
- Partner with UXers to scope and plan user research
- Liaise with 3rd parties to organize engagements, brief vendors / TVCs, set up contracts, coordinate recruitment, logistics, timelines etc
- Advise and consult product delivery teams on their research needs
- Liaise with internal and external research support organisations
- Iterate on existing processes to streamline operations
- Oversee the running and delivery of product research across feature delivery teams
- Manage our communication strategy for disseminating user research insights and increase empathy within the cross-functional team
- Own and update research artefacts: processes, tools, templates and documentation to enable teams to carry out research sessions smoothly
- Coordinate the evolution of existing personas and manage our user research database
- Enthusiasm and good communication skills needed to interact with a variety of people and job functions
- Flexible and highly responsive to the needs of the project, team and wider group
- A team player capable of effectively facilitating and collaborating with a diverse range of people across a variety of different job functions
- Highly organised with the ability to juggle multiple priorities and switch context very quickly
- Experience in proactively coordinating individuals and teams for maximum productivity
- Experience working in a constantly creative, changing and dynamic environment
Note that this role may require travel in the UK and US, and flexible working hours for coordination with other timezones.
We welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.