Role: Program Manager, StratOps
Salary: Competitive salary applies
Over the past three years we’ve built a team of experts in what it takes to deploy clinical tools in practice - engineers, clinicians, translational researchers and more. In that time, we’ve also made major advances in healthcare AI research: detecting eye disease more quickly and accurately than experts; planning cancer radiotherapy treatment in seconds rather than hours; and working to detect patient deterioration from electronic records.
Our vision is for Streams to now become an AI-powered assistant for nurses and doctors everywhere - combining the best algorithms with intuitive design, all backed up by rigorous evidence. The team working within Google, alongside brilliant colleagues from across the organisation, will help make this vision a reality.
We are looking for a highly talented and driven individuals who want to be part of an exceptional team, work in an inspiring and collaborative environment, and join a company focused on ground-breaking technology with potentially extraordinary impact.
StratOps is the internal consulting team at DeepMind, that works towards support DM Applied leadership and functional Leads to define and execute their mission.
We are looking for a passionate and high achieving Program Manager to join the Strategy & Operations team within DeepMind Applied.
Core responsibilities include Project Management, Communications, and Operations for StratOps. You’ll be a creative and entrepreneurial self-starter who gets things done, problem solver in ambiguity, and strong partner to leaders within the organization. You’re not afraid to take risks and roll up your sleeves to take part in various aspects of the team and leadership priorities as they arise.
- Support, or lead complex, multidisciplinary projects. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Projects often span offices and time zones; Keep all the players coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines. Examples of projects include:
- Program Manage the various projects of the strategy team across all Applied bets
- Take charge of the fortnightly communications to Applied leadership
- Produce discrete pieces of analysis to support ongoing projects and strategic initiatives.
- Put agreed-upon ideas and direction into action, ensuring clear ownership and accountability; driving for clarity and speed of decisions. Monitor the effectiveness and progress of key initiatives.
- Operational and Organizational Effectiveness: Design and build key operational structures and processes globally to ensure the team works efficiently and as nimbly as possible.
- Strategic Thought-Leadership to build scale: This role provides a unique vantage point to understand and participate in the development of our strategy and execution.
- Track actions and manage reporting from various projects within the Applied Group.
- Follow up and update outstanding actions.
- Team culture: Interview and onboard new hires and work on maintaining the positive team culture
- Provide support for executive briefings, including research and coordination.
- Assist with tracking and maintaining operational data across Applied.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience.
- Prior relevant experience in program management. 2-3 years of relevant work experience.
- Proven track record of partnering effectively on cross-functional projects or teams.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with multiple levels including executive leadership team, peers, managers and junior staff.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to keep multiple priorities moving at the same time.
- Self-starter with a team-oriented work style.
- Excellent planning, analytical and interpersonal skills.
DeepMind welcomes applications from all sections of society. We are committed to equal employment opportunity
regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, please do not hesitate to let us know.